2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals

mwilson6192

Established Member
I just registered the other day for the 2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals in the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible Class (#112). Additionally I registered for the Ford Parade which is limited to 400 cars. I also joined Team Shelby Northeast Region as a club affiliation.

Being new to the Shelby GT500, I really enjoyed attending several of the local-to-Syracuse-NY car shows last year, and have enjoyed getting to know fellow owners of all types of Mustangs. The rally events (Poker runs) and "racing" events (Watkins Glen) were particularly fun.

The Carlisle Ford Nationals are on a whole new level, and I am under no illusion of winning anything, but it sounds like a fun event and I am bound to meet new people.

Anyone else planning on attending the 2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals?

I look forward to meeting some of you at future events.

Matt

Link to the Carlisle Ford Nationals general information page: Carlisle Ford Nationals | Collector Car Show and Swap Meet | Carlisle, PA

Link to the Carlisle Ford Nationals registration event page: https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

P.S. I also reserved a room at the Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, PA hotel (actually it is closer to Carlisle in Mechanicsburg, PA specifically at 5401 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050), approximately 15 miles from the Carlisle Ford Nationals event location.

The nice thing about this hotel is that it offers the following to Ford Nationals folks:

• Car wash station
  • Security patrolling the property
  • Friday Night complimentary Beef N' Brew night including grilled hotdogs, hamburgers and keg beer
This sounds like fun, with the hotel giving special consideration to the Ford Nationals folks (a car wash station on site - how cool is that?).

Last edited:

enormous

Established Member
I was part of 4 couples in Mustangs and Shelby's that went to Carlisle last year and enjoyed it so much that all fur of us are going back again this year.
All Fords for a far as your eyes can see. It is a fine event.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Going down for the first time this year. I got a room awhile back in Carlisle figuring it would be impossible to find one once the show got closer, but I still need to register for the show. The wife still can't decide if she wants to bring her car. Really looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread