2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray confirmed as Indy 500 pace car

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
The more I see it the more I like it... but that may just be because I've let it sink in that it's a new Corvette and does not have the round tail lights that have been around forever.

ViciousJay

Established Member
TheHomer_zps7a525d48.gif

everytime i look at the new vette this comes to mind everytime!

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
I thought I would give it some time and that the rear end would grow on me... I was wrong. The rear is still as hideous as when I first saw its debut at the auto show. Damn the design team really messed that up

Sapperstang

Established Member
Soooooo fugly. They need to scour the cubicles of Chevy's rear end design team for glass pipes.

And as someone who's attended the 500 for 31 straight years, I'd like to add that I'm g'damn sick and tired of seeing a Corvette as the pace car.

I had to go look at the list of past cars. You're right, in most recent years it was a Vette.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I like it. I think it looks good and in videos (where you get the same perspective you'd get in person...and not a 2 dimensional pic) it looks pretty awesome.

Here's just another picture from the same article:

download_image.php

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
^Looks awesome from that angle. One thing I realized I don't like about the rear is how much of the rear tires you can see. The bodywork sits high up and there seems to be a lot of room under there. That might be the camera angle though...

Fear the 5

Established Member
I hate it. All of it. The side looks like they put the rear end of a GTR on a C6. Don't even get me started on the back end.... :xpl:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Damn that pic makes it look ugly. I agree that it need some fat tire in the back to make it look more normal. I thinking the z models are going to look awesome if they give them wider fenders,lower stance, and bigger rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread