2014 CTS to get 420hp Twin Turbo V6

HoustonGT

Established Member
The 2014 CTS will break cover next week at the New York Auto Show, but Cadillac has released a few details of what we can expect to find under the car's hood. As we saw in some spy shots back in January, the biggest news for the midsize Caddy will be a twin-turbocharged V6 producing a whopping 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque.

This LF3 engine will be paired to a new eight-speed automatic transmission, which will help balance performance and fuel economy. We still don't know how much the 2014 CTS has grown in terms of size and weight, but General Motors says that new sedan will return 17 miles per gallon in the city and 25 mpg highway with the new engine to go with a 0-60 mile per hour time of 4.6 seconds – that means the new CTS will have the fuel economy close to the current base model sedan and acceleration not too far from the current CTS-V.

Cadillac confirms 420-hp twin-turbo V6 for 2014 CTS [w/videos]

Looks to me like the ATS-V will end up with this same motor, probably about 450hp....might've found my next car :banana::banana::banana:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
This is great news for the ATS-V fans. It will be more HP and weigh in around 3600lbs, maybe lighter.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
the SHO has a good contender in the V6 category. wow. those are some insane numbers.

HoustonGT

Established Member
let me guess its gonna have a starting price around $60k

There's no way it'll start at 60k; my guess would be that it'll come in around 54-56k for a premium/loaded version.

The current top of the line 3.6 Premium can be had for ~50k and the CTS-V rings in at 63k MSRP and they have to fnd the right balance. An upcharge of about 2-3k for the turbo seems about right to me and leaves you with a lot of car for the price and well under the likes of a E550/550i/GS350 etc.

HoustonGT

Established Member
I am wondering if this motor will also end up in the Grand National that Buick is planning on resurrecting?

I'm sure that's a big possibility; might also end up in a base Corvette if GM decides to spin it off as its own brand/line as some have speculated...

SVTCobra1993

Established Member
I'm sure that's a big possibility; might also end up in a base Corvette if GM decides to spin it off as its own brand/line as some have speculated...

Base Corvette will be powered by a 5.3-litre V8, naturally aspired.
If this makes it into the ATS-V I will be happy but it's sad that naturally aspired V8s are entering extinction, thanks to specific power obsession over the last 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread