2014 GT - GT500 Rear Valance Install

Nomadic

Established Member
Just got the rear of the parts I needed to do the GT500 AB's + rear valance :banana:

My question to those that have done it - what tool did you use to trim the bumper - would a simple dremel with plastic cutoff wheel work, or did you use something else? Just wanna make sure before I cut into the bumper.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nice! This is the setup I have decided on as well, just looks incredible. I have seen some boss rear valance how-to's. I saw a video where it was done on the car, instead of taking rear fascia off. I will try and find it...

SteveC

Established Member
When I did my Boss valance I used a combination of Dremel with a cutoff wheel and a small hacksaw but that is because I didn't want people complaining in my apartment complex (fiancee said the Dremel was "too loud").

califsp

Established Member
I just did this yesterday! Dremmel and cut off wheel. I did a shallow pass first. The I cut through with thr second pass. The longest cut I marked and cut from the paint side because there wasn't enough room otherwise. When you cut the slots, cut outside the lines.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I had mine done, but they used a small jigsaw type then came back and trimmed with the dremel. You're gonna love the look and sound

Last edited:

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
@Normadic,

OP, just for peace of mind I want to tell you that you don't have to worry much about the details of the cut. The installation sheets and videos don't reassure you about the cutting of the bumper and how the new valance will attach. ---- So, I did mine perfectly and sanded down to the cut line already on the bumper when I dremeled it about a cm away.

I should have asked around, I had originally thought that the area you had to cut would be visible. (I'm very particular about my car) Just use a dremmel and cut where the line is, doesn't have to be perfect, and then sand it a bit. The new GT500 valance covers the cut lines with attached.

Nomadic

Established Member
@Normadic,

OP, just for peace of mind I want to tell you that you don't have to worry much about the details of the cut. The installation sheets and videos don't reassure you about the cutting of the bumper and how the new valance will attach. ---- So, I did mine perfectly and sanded down to the cut line already on the bumper when I dremeled it about a cm away.

I should have asked around, I had originally thought that the area you had to cut would be visible. (I'm very particular about my car) Just use a dremmel and cut where the line is, doesn't have to be perfect, and then sand it a bit. The new GT500 valance covers the cut lines with attached.

Thanks - Im the same way, so I was worried something might be visible - wanted to have it perfect.

Justin81

Established Member
I paid to have mine done mostly because I don't have the time. I'm not sure what they used but I can tell you it sounds incredible. Also, the valance looks 100000X better than the cheesy looking factory bumper setup. I also have a Catless H-pipe and the car is a screamer!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Does anyone have the quads with a long tube setup? Would love to hear the sound of a long tube headers + gt500 quad setup.

Justin81

Established Member
I couldn't imagine mine being any louder than it is with H-pipe. When I first started it my first thought was "thank god I saved the $1500 on the Long tubes". Right now it sounds like a cross between a Borla and Flowmaster. It's deep and muscular and melodic. IT sings on the highway and there is NO drone AT ALL!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Does anyone have the quads with a long tube setup? Would love to hear the sound of a long tube headers + gt500 quad setup.

Ya, I do. 7/8ths ARH or/x, and brand new quads lol. I need to get my go pro and make a vid for you, I've seen you ask many times to hear this setup lmao

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ya, I do. 7/8ths ARH or/x, and brand new quads lol. I need to get my go pro and make a vid for you, I've seen you ask many times to hear this setup lmao
Hehe!

Just trying to decide what I am going to plunge my money on, headers or Cobra jet setup with future plans to add a paxton. I want this bitch to sound mean!!!

Video would be greatly appreciated. +1 +1 +1 :rolling:

Last edited:

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Hehe!

Just trying to decide what I am going to plunge my money on, headers or Cobra jet setup with future plans to add a paxton. I want this bitch to sound mean!!!

Video would be greatly appreciated. +1 +1 +1 :rolling:

Ohh crap. I think we just became friends. I'm in the same boat! I'm saving up for the Paxton and gonna see if I can squeeze the blower, CJ TB and intake all together. I have a feeling it will be very tight.

I'll upload a video sometime this week. Car still needs gas and an alignment from the coilovers lol so I haven't driven her lately :lazy:

'14 Shelby

Established Member

I do but with catted X pipe...I'll try to post something when I decide to take mine out. Once the roads are fixed here in Jersey. They are mangled from the weather and plowing.

Users who are viewing this thread