2014 GT road course video on slicks

dmichaels

Established Member
Finally got to run my slicks & lightweight wheels at the track. Instantly in love with the setup. For this video, I also had my ~230 lb friend riding along. He's my excuse for not getting in to the 1.00's :-D Extremely fun

BFG R1's
[video=youtube_share;-Uzy4s2qnIo]http://youtu.be/-Uzy4s2qnIo[/video]

dmichaels

Established Member
The video and data logging is all with Harry's Lap Timer on my iphone in combination with the GoPoint BT1 bluetooth OBDII piece. Very cost efficient and impressive accuracy.

dmichaels

Established Member
Need to update my sig it looks... I'm currently on Hawk DTC70's up front (like them) and Raybestos ST43 rear (really like them). I am still on OEM front rotors - they have 1500 track miles over ~16 track days on them with only surface cracking. Rear rotors wore a bit, so I'm on Centric rotors there. I have one propegating crack on the passenger rear rotor.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Need to update my sig it looks... I'm currently on Hawk DTC70's up front (like them) and Raybestos ST43 rear (really like them). I am still on OEM front rotors - they have 1500 track miles over ~16 track days on them with only surface cracking. Rear rotors wore a bit, so I'm on Centric rotors there. I have one propegating crack on the passenger rear rotor.
Cool I was kinda wondering. Not many folks I talk to run the pagids very long but really seem to like the Raybestos pads, guess they really came through on those.

dmichaels

Established Member
Cool I was kinda wondering. Not many folks I talk to run the pagids very long but really seem to like the Raybestos pads, guess they really came through on those.

I had good luck with Pagid last year, but this season I pushed the car a lot harder and I chewed through Pagids very quickly... They stop well, but kept fading. The Raybestos have hardly worn and I have run the car harder with them than I did with the Pagids. Highly impressed so far.

Next season will be a very busy one I expect and will be run largely on slicks, so hopefully the pads continue to hold up!

dmichaels

Established Member
Found out I've been running all year with a bent axle shaft on the right rear... explains the braking issues I've had with the rear brakes. Can't wait to see what the car will do with the brakes all working properly next season...

Users who are viewing this thread