2014 GT track key

raceme2

Established Member
I have put 2,300 miles on my 14 since I have had the track key. No codes or any other problems. I only use the track key,ans with the advanced trac control off.

AKDMB

Established Member
Tell Jon to call me he has my number. Lol he'll know who I am we go a bit back. But I wouldn't mind helping him at all. And pm me I wouldn't mind know the "back story".

Keep us updated on how this turns out. I bet a tuner could do it, but the trick would be figuring out how to activate it in the same manner as the track key ( hold the cruise control button etc.).

mfc133

Established Member
Dealer loaded the Track Cal Tuesday. Since then my air conditioner cycles cold to hot to cold. Fan speed is constant. Called Ford Racing this morning. They said they would call me back. Anyone else observe this?

califsp, did you get any update from Ford Racing on the A/C issue?

There is a Ford Racing guy gathering info on this thread about the CEL and A/C issue if you want to chime in:
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f800/trackey-manual-2014-gts-manufactured-after-7-1-2013-a-529250/index14/#post6825757

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
califsp, did you get any update from Ford Racing on the A/C issue?

There is a Ford Racing guy gathering info on this thread about the CEL and A/C issue if you want to chime in:
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f800/trackey-manual-2014-gts-manufactured-after-7-1-2013-a-529250/index14/#post6825757

That would be Ray from the Ford Racing Tech Line. Good guy and it sounds like they have it figured out. That thread answers most of the questions we are all asking. To summarize it's an issue with the software and a "false positive". Cats should be fine and FRPP is issuing a new version of the software in the next few weeks.

mfc133

Established Member
That would be Ray from the Ford Racing Tech Line. Good guy and it sounds like they have it figured out. That thread answers most of the questions we are all asking. To summarize it's an issue with the software and a "false positive". Cats should be fine and FRPP is issuing a new version of the software in the next few weeks.

Yeah the CEL fix is in the works. I was hoping to get someone else having the A/C issue to give some input, they still haven't been able to reproduce that.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
It's good to hear there's a fix in the works!

Thanks to all those giving the feedback to Ford Racing. The CEL should be resolved by the time I am able to get the key.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
As per Ray's permission, here is a snipit of his post with his contact info for anyone that has the Track Key/Track Cal...

"There will be an updated calibration that will take care of the false codes for cats. The cats are not being damaged.

Please send me an email with full name, VIN and shipping address, when the new cal is released I wil make sure everyone receives it. Not everyone will see these codes but we want everyone to get the new cal to make sure you dont ever have these codes.

My direct email is [email protected]

Thanks, Ray"

matt5058

Established Member
Hi, I have been looking through this thread and I think I'm more confused than when I started, haha.

I have a stock 2014 GT 6M, just ordered a Roush axle back which I will hopefully be installing this weekend, but it is bone stock still. I'm trying to do some mods and keep it under warranty. I'd love to do an intake and tune, but it seems the only option to do this and keep it under warranty is with Ford Racing, which is pretty pricey. If I'm not doing any other heavy mods (I'll probably do some suspension mods, wheels, and maybe a catted X or H pipe in the not too distant future), and want to keep the vehicle under warranty, this track key is a good bet? If someone puts a CAI on their 5.0 and does the key, is it different than doing a tune meant to maximize gains from the CAI or is there any way to increase the gains of a CAI with the track key?

Sorry if these questions have been answered and I just didn't see them, I'm a noob. :-/

edit: Also, I'm in the DC area. I got my car in Silver Spring, MD but I don't know if my dealership does FRPP stuff. I will look that up but in the meanwhile, if anyone knows of a good dealer to go through for the track key order and install, a recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

mfc133

Established Member
Hi, I have been looking through this thread and I think I'm more confused than when I started, haha.

I have a stock 2014 GT 6M, just ordered a Roush axle back which I will hopefully be installing this weekend, but it is bone stock still. I'm trying to do some mods and keep it under warranty. I'd love to do an intake and tune, but it seems the only option to do this and keep it under warranty is with Ford Racing, which is pretty pricey. If I'm not doing any other heavy mods (I'll probably do some suspension mods, wheels, and maybe a catted X or H pipe in the not too distant future), and want to keep the vehicle under warranty, this track key is a good bet? If someone puts a CAI on their 5.0 and does the key, is it different than doing a tune meant to maximize gains from the CAI or is there any way to increase the gains of a CAI with the track key?

Sorry if these questions have been answered and I just didn't see them, I'm a noob. :-/

edit: Also, I'm in the DC area. I got my car in Silver Spring, MD but I don't know if my dealership does FRPP stuff. I will look that up but in the meanwhile, if anyone knows of a good dealer to go through for the track key order and install, a recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ford Racing tunes are cheaper than any aftermarket SCT tunes becaue you don't need to buy the SCT handheld unit. Also you can't do any engine mods that require a re-tune (CAI, IM, headers, etc) with the Track Key/Track Cal.

bullet3z

Established Member
Any word as to when the updated tune from FRPP will be available? Also if you already have a Track CAL how are they going to get you the new tune?

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Any word as to when the updated tune from FRPP will be available? Also if you already have a Track CAL how are they going to get you the new tune?

I believe they will be sending recipients a new sim card for the Track Cal, not sure on the Track Key. Email Ray, info on my last post(s) and give him the info he is requesting and he will mail it to you in the next week or so.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a GT/CS built 5-6-14, just had Track key installed last wednesday.
Yesterday I received a procal tool via UPS and the new revised tune in a SD card from Ford Racing yesterday. Throttle tip in seems different at around 20% it gets stock quiet... almost want to see if i can get the original track key tune in.
Any others seem to think it feels different?

Last edited:

RUN4CVR

Established Member
I got the track key as well but I haven't had any issues. I also received a ProCal yesterday but I think I'm going to wait to install it.
Also what do you mean by stock quiet? Do you still you the seperate key and is the lopey idle still the same?
Thanks
Jeff

califsp

Established Member
Just received a new sim card with the revised tune from Ford Racing yestrerday. All that came in the envelope was the card and a sticker. No letter or instructions. I called the Tech line and they told me to load the new tune myself. I will do it tonight.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The throttle map on this 1.1 (to differentiate) seems more stock, where it is more jumpy in first with the clutch engaged, like it starts off more like the stock key to me. Track key 1.0 felt much more like a traditional cable operated throtlle body and was much smoother to me.
Track idle seems quieter, with 1. and when you get rolling a bit with slight throttle input the car gets stock quiet even in 1st with slight throttle input and I have a full bassani catback exhaust...
Now that I have a few days off I'll see if I can revert back to the tune the xcal sees as stock which should be the oem +track key 1.0.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
No practical way back to the original track key tune (that I know of).
Anyone else notice some difference or am I just loosing it the rest of the way lol.

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
Update. Ray sent me a ProCal with the update for the track key. Just plugged it in and reflashed the car. So far no more cel and I got a ProCal to boot. Props to Ford Racing for getting this sorted out.

VGT

Established Member
Just a question, those of you who have a trackey, FRPP is sending you all TrackCals for updating your tune as new things roll out?

Users who are viewing this thread