2014 GT500 Diffuser Hardware

zw470

Established Member
After finding out the local Ford dealer wants 3+ hours @ $125/hr to install my GT500 diffuser, I've decided to tackle the job myself. The only thing I'm having a hard time with is determining what, if any, additional hardware is needed. Some "kits" I've seen say that hardware is included (but don't say what that hardware is), and none of the instructions or write-ups I've seen seem to mention using it. From what I've been able to see my diffuser already has the 2 white inner clips with it, I believe the next 2 sets out are pins that can be reused from my existing bumper, however I'm starting to think that there may be some hardware required on the very outer edges of the exhaust-bezel parts.

4VFTW

Established Member
the LMR kit came with 2 new white clips for the center part under the car and 8 white clips that secure the tabs that protrude through the slits you cut in the bumper. it also came with 2 screws and nuts to use at the ends of the valance to secure it to the quarter panel.

zw470

Established Member
Looking at the diffuser it seems the two outermost screw/nuts are required, guess zip-ties will have to suffice there until parts arrive. How necessary do the 8 white clips seem? A bunch of zip-ties left behind the bumper out of sight wouldn't bother me.....

4VFTW

Established Member
any machine screw and nut of the right size will work in the corners as for zip ties on the 8 tabs....that may work but the clips supplied by LMR look like little wedges and they cinch the valance up tight against the bumper cover.

zw470

Established Member
I wonder why there's such a discrepancy? The American Muscle instructions mention only the re-use of existing hardware, and the Ford Racing instructions only add the outer hardware. Hell, the Ford Racing instructions even have you put the bumper on the car before you put the diffuser on, so even if you had the white clips I don't think you'd be able to put them in.....

4VFTW

Established Member
no idea why the discrepancy. as far as putting the bumper on before valance... you cannot put the clips in if you do, ask me how i know.

zw470

Established Member
Anyone happen to know the part numbers for the white clips? I think it's W716460-S300 but I'm not positive.

zw470

Established Member
I ended up ordering that hardware I posted about. I'm glad I did because I don't think the diffuser would have held on very well without it. Zipties wouldn't have been any hep either I don't think. Over all it was a super-easy, but intimidating mod. I'll post pics of that and some other mods I did this morning if if ever stops raining.

Users who are viewing this thread