2014 GT500 with muffler deletes

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
IMO, Ford hit a home run with the stock exhaust note on these cars. My only gripe is more volume. If I could keep the factory note but amplified, I'd be a happy camper.

I believe the only exhaust mods for me will either be LTs with an H pipe or the FRPP Mufflers.

Kudos however for trying something different. I don't think it sounds terrible, but not as good as stock.

speedieGT500

Established Member
IMO, Ford hit a home run with the stock exhaust note on these cars. My only gripe is more volume. If I could keep the factory note but amplified, I'd be a happy camper.

I believe the only exhaust mods for me will either be LTs with an H pipe or the FRPP Mufflers.

Kudos however for trying something different. I don't think it sounds terrible, but not as good as stock.

Not a fan of my frpp mufflers. They're coupled with shorty headers and no cats and at higher rpm's the harmony starts to go away and the hair dryer whooshing sound starts. If I stay out of boost they sound amazing though just the moment I get in it they sound that way.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member

I only have 1100 miles on mine, but it seems to be getting louder than when I picked it up. I do think I will go to the FRPP muffs in the spring.

E

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Loved the oem gt500 quad tips with my headers and off-road h. IMO all the mufflers needed were a good polishing or black powder coat and a set of new tips.

whiplash306

Established Member
Yeah, sorry OP, but in my opinion also, that does not sound good at all. Wayyy to raspy. BUT, if you like it, that's ultimately what matters. Good luck in your race tomorrow! Look fwd to seeing the video!

Sapperstang

Established Member
Don't understand why you would remove the mufflers on a new car like that. It doesn't sound good.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Loved the oem gt500 quad tips with my headers and off-road h. IMO all the mufflers needed were a good polishing or black powder coat and a set of new tips.
Have any sound clips? I have quads on my stock 5.0 and love the sound, I think last thing I'm gonna do exhaust wise is long tube headers.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
IMO, Ford hit a home run with the stock exhaust note on these cars.

Yeah, i felt the same way. I grabbed an O/r H-pipe recently after hearing another member's car. It increases the volume a bit without ruining the tone. I'm not so sure LT's would leave the tone alone as much as I'd like.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Last guy to post a muffler delete thread got roasted and the thread ended up in smackdown......will this one have the same fate?

Users who are viewing this thread