2014 GT500 won’t start

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, at least you know the battery is good. Hopefully you'll find it's a bad starter, to end you quest to find the culprit. Sometimes chasing down the cause of an issue like this is one royal pain in the butt.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Probably the damned tune :)

Funny about the hammer and starter. Yup, a number of times.

When he contacted me I suggested all the normal stuff but also the clutch switch. Happens a lot these days as the cars age.

0300, without an accompanying 301, 302, etc to pinpoint a cylinder is more often than not a dirty maf sensor OR a number of instances of P0316 that just haven't passed the threshold of "pending". 316 shows up more often on really large intakes. It's x misfires in the first 1000 revolutions. If you have a really large maf housing and really slow airflow, you can certainly register a few misfires in that first minute.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

850SNCobra

Established Member
I don't have that code but I experience the same thing occasionally where the car won't start and I believe it's my clutch switch that isn't getting engaged properly because usually the second press of the clutch and it'll crank right up. Occasionally I'll have to re-adjust my foot on the clutch pedal then it'll fire up.

I did some quick testing one day by engaging grey plunger on the clutch switch with my finger while turning the key and it fired every single time, just been too lazy to figure out where the positioning is off..I really should check it out, but before I got a new clutch put in it was doing it very often, but oddly enough the issue disappeared for about 1000 miles after I got my clutch replaced recently. It's just now starting to occur again.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome that you found the problem. Now you can move forward with a bit more "peace of mind". And thanks for taking the time to post the update/solution. This thread will undoubtedly help someone else in the future. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread