2014 MACA Catoctin Cruise - Sunday, Oct 26!!

Why Try

Established Member
Please show up with Fuel, 2-way Radios, and NAV to make things easy

Save the addresses in case you get lost or your miss the first meet up.

9:00am Meet and Greet at Wegmans
7830 Wormans Mill Rd, Frederick, MD 21701

10:00am Leave time

10:30-11:00 arrive at Jubliee
515 E Main St, Emmitsburg, MD 21727
McDonald's across the street if restroom is needed

Next stop will be at Catoctin High school
14745 Sabillasville Rd, Thurmont, MD 21788

Finish at Tilted Kilt
17301 Valley Mall Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21740

My guess is we will arrive at Tilted Kilt around 12:00-1:00pm. They are going to hold some tables for us and they will have TV's in good view. If you know you will be not going all the way to lunch let me know so I can get a guess of how many seats we need.

If anyone wants to get great pics or video of all our cars coming out of one of the covered bridges get with me so we can possibly coordinate it.

I think this should be open to all MACA members even if they drive a vette now. For example, if you have a blown up Cobra or had a Cobra but now drive a high HP SRT8 Jeep come on out. This is about our love of these great cars. Also special interest vehicles, GTR, Porsche, etc should be OK. No civic type cars. If you need clarification just ask.

Attendees
1) Why Try
2) icepic
3) zporta
4) Bonefish
5) jiu-jitsu99
6) Onefastcar
7) GT500RedStripe
8) 007snake
9) ScottinSSMD
10)usmcsvtwannabe
11)5spd07gt
12)paluka21
13)charba951
14)TonyUMD
15)DRRummel
16)rw93cobra
17)frederick184
18)Slightly Motivated

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i should be in as long as I'm in town. I like the idea of ending at a bar as well. Not sure of what bars are in that area that would acommodate us. I also preferred the State Farm meet over the Wegmans.

Of course I will always want it to be faster, because it seems over the years it has gotten more and more tame. But that could be due to the size getting larger and larger.

As long as i don't pull out in front of oncoming traffic and slide all over the road and median causing me to get pulled over again I'm good.

onefastcar

Established Member
I am in I say faster longer . I like the farm side seems a lot of fun . The mountain side seems to be a litter slower . I like the idea of two groups if there are alot cars show up.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Tilted Kilt in Hagerstown is always a good choice. Football starts at 1 so shouldn't be too bad if we are there around noon.

Why Try

Established Member
I talked to BWW in Frederick and Urbana and they will not hold any seats for a "party". I will call Tilted and Champions next. Any other ideas? Bennigans in Clarksburg maybe?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Bennigans works...they even have an outside area too if we like. They might do a party. Tilted Kilt would be nice but, that place looks small....and may be overwhelmed since it will just have opened...but, it's def worth trying!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I like the idea of you guys wanting the cruise a bit more exciting. That's how this was started. For a few years, when many of us in SVTOA were open tracking our SN95's, it was known as the Catoctin Mountain Race.

Having said that, I won't be able to make it this year. Even though I voted for the 26th, I forgot I'm in Baltimore all weekend doing something.
Besides, I still need my car fixed, and Billy is way backed up.

I want to see lots of pics and videos!

paluka21

Established Member
Pencil me in for the 26th. 8-9am works best for me so that I can either watch the game out with some of you folks, or make it home in time to watch the Ravens beat the Bengals. :pepper:
Just a suggestion, but here is a possible route with nice scenery and a mix of highways, main roads, and backroads that I cruise from time to time: meet at Wegmans around 830-9am, hit 15N to Thurmont, then Rt550 Sabillasville Rd through Catoctin Mt. Left onto Md 491 at Ft. Ritchie, which is a nice long 55mph country road, and then left onto Md 64 at Smithsburg, to Md 66/Mapleville Rd, and follow Mapleville Rd to Boonsboro Md. At Bonsboro, make left onto Alt 40, then right at the square in Boonsboro which is Md34 that runs through Keedysville and eventually historic Sharpsburg. Most of this road is a 55mph speed limit and has nice country views. Next, right onto Md 65 which takes you past Antietam National Battlefield, and eventually near the Hagerstown Premium Outlets. Here we can catch 70W for a few minutes, and then to 81N. We should be able to eat/watch football at Tilted Kilt at the Valley Mall in Hagerstown, as they have a large bar area, a lot of parking, and have a ton of TV's. There are gas stations for re-fueling along this route, as well as easy access to interstates 70 and 81. Altogether, this is about an an hour and a half trip, maybe a little longer. It could certainly be extended as there are plenty of nice roads along this route.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Tilted Kilt in Hagerstown is always a good choice. Football starts at 1 so shouldn't be too bad if we are there around noon.

TK in Hagerstown def more space than the one in Frederick...and maybe I'll see Chase again....:coolman:

Jesus I've got to slow down when I type.....to make sure I get all the words in i want..LOL!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread