2014 Mustang GT base speaker upgrade options?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
It's pretty sad that my 2008 Mercury Mariner has a better factory sound system than my 2014 Mustang GT. The base system is simply sad. What speakers are good to replace the OEM speakers with and do I need any adapters?

Bgoins

Established Member
Safe to say any aftermarket speaker is an upgrade. Ordered Infinity's from Crutchfield and they sound great. They will send any adaptor u need with the speakers.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I felt the same way, the base stereo was shit. You can see my entire build here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ng-during-the-install-next-weekend&highlight=

But I went with a single pair of Infinity Kappa 682.11cf 5x7 and ditched the rear fill. I love them!

I went with Infinity Kappas also. Got them and the harness adapters off of Amazon (on sale). I also used sound deadening mat on the doors since I had the panels off. I also switched out the rear speakers at the same time. I do have a vert though...I wasn't wanting to have to remove those rear panels again any time soon!

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
I went with Infinity Kappas also. Got them and the harness adapters off of Amazon (on sale). I also used sound deadening mat on the doors since I had the panels off. I also switched out the rear speakers at the same time. I do have a vert though...I wasn't wanting to have to remove those rear panels again any time soon!

Ya the panels are a bitch, and since rear fill is not really needed (most people can't even tell) it was better for me to pour more money into the front speakers and save myself the murderous rage from taking out the rear ones.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
The head unit itself isn't that bad, it needs better speakers and basically since the stock speakers are so crappy, any aftermarket speaker is going to sound better.

I used Rockford Fosgate P1683 on my car, I got a four pack of off feebay for a hundred bucks shipped.

I replaced the door speakers first and the sound quality was much improved with no more clipping or distortion with the volume cranked up. I replaced the rears a month or so later and honestly, you really don't need to replace the rears.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Guys, Do the door panels come off pretty easily? Also are the Infinity Kappas 5x7 a direct fit?

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Guys, Do the door panels come off pretty easily? Also are the Infinity Kappas 5x7 a direct fit?

It took 20 minutes to remove both door panels. Its super easy.

To get them to fit (and many 5x7's) there are some plastic tabs on the door that need to be trimmed. Very easy.

Get the harness adapters too. in all its less than an hour to do both doors

vortecd

Established Member
Do some searches since this has been brought up a few times

I also have a base. I ended up changing all 4 speakers to JL Audios c2 570 and adding a 12" sub box that fits the Mustang along with 2 Alpine amps with a lc2i line converter

Pretty much any 5x7's are going to sound better then stock but I would do an amp and line converter to get the most out of it

The Alpine MRV-F300 is a very good amp for the money

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I went with the Infinity Kappas because Amazon.com had them for $129 plus $6 for the pair of harness adapters. Eventually when I have $700 to throw away I will buy the Kicker sub box that fits in the side of the trunk like the Shaker 500 sub. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread