2014 Mustang GT Issue

Ghost11

Established Member
So yesterday I went to take my wife's 14 GT/CS out of storage.Took the cover off and noticed I forgot to put the trickle charger on when I stored it last fall...

She was dead so I threw the charger on for 24 hours and she started right up...Now the issue...It will not shift? It is a automatic and it seems like it starts and stays in 3rd or 4th gear?

I tried stopping and shutting it down re start and the same thing...Tried reverse and that was fine..Tried sport mode and nothing different....It also now makes a clunking sound when putting it in gear...Not sure if any of this has anything to do with the dead battery or not..Just when I stored it last fall no issues what so ever...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Just drive it around easy for about 15-30 minutes. The computer has to relearn stuff. It happened to me a few years ago.

Ghost11

Established Member
Good info Coz....Thanks.....

All back to normal.

This car needs some more power.Are any of the pre-loaded tunes worth a shit?

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you referring to the SCT tunes included in their X4 or similar tuners? If so, I don't know for sure but I doubt they'll do much.

However, for the same amount of money you can buy an SCT X4 from American Muscle preloaded with a couple of their custom Bama tunes. The SCT tunes are disabled.

Many on this forum will trash the Bama tunes, but I believe much of this was based on some issues with their Version 1 tunes in 2011-2012. However, their Version 2 (V2) tunes were prepared by a different lead tuner and are much better. They probably won't give you that much more actual power but especially with the automatic it will VASTLY improve driveability where you will at least think you have more power. It will firm up the shift points and optimize shift RPMs. If you have some bolt-ons such as a Cold Air Intake they can customize the tune for it.

The beauty is that if you want to go to a higher end tuner such as AED, Palm Beach Dyno, RevAuto, etc., you can load those tunes into the SCT X4 with no problem.

That's what I did. Started with Bama but when my mods (2018 intake manifold & L&M cams) were beyond Bama's capability, I moved on to the higher end tuners.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread