2014 mustang GT with VPM SC

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Looking to buy this 2014 mustang GT with a VMP supercharger on it. Found it for a great price. Car drives great but when coasting to a stop in neutral, engine shits off. Only happens when I'm driving, put it in neutral, and then the rpm just drop until the engine shits off. Car has the supercharger, catless mid pipe, and that's really it. I don't know why tunes the car. Any ideas?

Vert

Established Member
It's a tune issue and that's it. Does the car come with a tuner? Sounds like the RPM might need to be raised.

Vert

Established Member
If it's the one on Craigslist, it looks like he's running a passenger and drivers oil separators.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Yeah I think it's a tune issue too. I spoke with the owner and he said he had it on e85 but retuned it to 93. He said the car has to be on for a certain amount of time for the car to relearn the settings and what not. Does that sound right? If so I'm definitely buying it...

Vert

Established Member
Did he tell you what injectors he was running and if it had a boost a pump.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
Did he tell you what injectors he was running and if it had a boost a pump.

He has the 1000 injectors in it and a boost a pump. He said he has an e85 tune and a 93 tune. he said that he flashed it back to 93 when he took it to the dealer and the engine bogging and shutting off was the ecu relearning the new map and it would go away soon. I know i don't want to run e85, with all these fuel delivery part i can still run regular 93, right?

Vert

Established Member
Yes you can run 93 and that's what I run in my VMP Stang. I'd bet it's just tuning, but you could call vmp and explain it to them on what its doing and I think they will tell you the same. If the car runs strong, doesn't smoke and no ticking from the motor, then I'd go for it. I would try to talk him down a little if it's still at 34k.

tennis_pr0

Established Member
I am buying the car tomorrow! Just spoke with the owner, what an awesome guy. And yeah, I'm getting it for an incredible price. Will post pics. There goes my "for now on im gonna be responsible and not spend all my money on cars resolution" lol

Users who are viewing this thread