2014 Porsche GT3

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Looks amazing! Great work as usual! I still am on the fence about ceramic coatings. I have done a bit of research and have yet to see anyone provide details on how to remove a ceramic coating other than polishing it off. It also seems as though they help minimize swirls, marring etc but do not prevent which is where my concern about removing them comes from. Do you have any insight?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sonax has a new Alcantara cleaner that looks very promising and I will be giving that a shot soon

Hope this helps!

That alcantara cleaner is pricey! It's probably worth it though, I'll pick some up for the RS.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Looks amazing! Great work as usual! I still am on the fence about ceramic coatings. I have done a bit of research and have yet to see anyone provide details on how to remove a ceramic coating other than polishing it off. It also seems as though they help minimize swirls, marring etc but do not prevent which is where my concern about removing them comes from. Do you have any insight?

Thank you! If you find it necessary to remove it you will have to polish it off. No other way. I don't know why you would want to, unless you had a high spot/etc. Coatings are simply...amazing! They really are. What are your concerns with removing them?

They can assist in preventing slight marring of the surface, however the coating itself can still be swirled, marred, scratched. They are not a miracle product.

Hope this helped you out!

And...thanks again to everyone for the responses!

Recon

Established Member
Yes sir. Here she is.
4a8059e45e2221292cbfd9dd80b31c11.jpg

64a292889de549ad0b325970e807b087.jpg

a665ccb27fc811e0430e5a71309e488d.jpg

c318b8a302894d1a6c0a05a8da2f74cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Thank you! If you find it necessary to remove it you will have to polish it off. No other way. I don't know why you would want to, unless you had a high spot/etc. Coatings are simply...amazing! They really are. What are your concerns with removing them?

They can assist in preventing slight marring of the surface, however the coating itself can still be swirled, marred, scratched. They are not a miracle product.

Hope this helped you out!

And...thanks again to everyone for the responses!

I may be over thinking the process and the product. I would just be concerned to know when the coating stops and when the clear coat starts for future corrections. It would be nice if there was a chemical process that would allow you to remove it so you are back to square one if you did need to correct the underlying clear coat.

bullitt1672

Established Member
Looks great! Always enjoy viewing your posts. Was also curious about detailing over the stripes, thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread