2014 Shelby GT500[Hold-Back-Fees]

?,Does any one have an idea on how much are the Hold Back Fees that a dealer receives on these units.
So when we are finilizing the sale we can atempt to negociate this fee from the final sale.
Maybe we can use this Fee to pay some of the funds that they want for Extended Waranity or even future Oil Changes ,Tire Rotations & other serves to vehicle when in shop for maintence work.:.
Maybe a barginig fee we can use at time of Sale on your unit.
Just a thought before we actualy sign the DOTTED LINE.
:pepper::bash:

railroad

Established Member
Just got a new truck, had to order. Truck stickered for something close to 50K. Seems like hold back was $1375. Should be maybe 15 to 1600.

Thanks;
I guess in a way depends on the dealer.
Just something I may be able to work out with the General Manager & salesman providing they want too negociate on this unit on this fee from Ford.
Any one else has a clue?
Again Thanks;

Last edited by a moderator:

reason4treason

Established Member
msrp on my '13 was 58,980 and holdback was 1747. different people have different tactics when negotiating. I work out a price asap and get it in print on the VOC and signed by each of us. I actually did my purchase as soon as the build was complete on the chance that they might try to sell it from under me.

what's your leverage? are you going to threaten to walk if you don't get $500 or so worth of lagniappe?

reason4treason

Established Member
^I started a thread about holdbacks about a month ago. some of the responses explained how it's calculated. you might want to look that up. should not be too far off of 1800 or so.

Mombo

Established Member
$$$

First I want to know the amount then I will decide what I think is reasonable on the fee.

Well i hope you get what you want but i am happy paying MSRP...:coolman:

I worked for a car dealer for 19 years and know what it takes to make ends meet.

When a dealer charges over MSRP then they have lost me...:(

But if you can order a 2014 GT500 the way you want for MSRP then that is a fair deal...:)

There is a lot of overhead for the dealer and they don't make as much money on new cars then people think.

Also they pay Ford 2K just to sell us these SVT cars so that is another $$$...:eek:

Just happy to be getting one of these sweet machines and will enjoy it.

Good Luck with you car and let us know how you do on the deal...:beer:

reason4treason

Established Member
First I want to know the amount then I will decide what I think is reasonable on the fee.

your car is already built, your dealer should have an INVOICE. in the lower left corner is the 'Total Holdback' and in the box next to it is the 'Invoice Total'.

my build was done Oct 3rd and in the box with the heading 'Date Inv. Prepared' it says 9 25 12.

maybe tell your dealer you're excited about getting the car and ask for a copy.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
You can find out the hold back and the 'invoice' price for these cars fairly easily but getting the dealer to give back the hold back or sell the car a few hundred dollars above 'invoice' is another matter. Let us know how it works out for you, and all the best.

raustin0017

Established Member
My 14 has PP, TP, and Electronics Pkg. MSRP was 64,425. Paid $62,250 and that included the 7-yr extended warrantee. They moved the unit and made $$$ or they would not have let me drive it off the lot.

Will dealers let you see the Invoice on it.
My MSRP is $64,150.00.
It was $64,000.00 when we ordered it on 11/30/12,but Ford had a Price Increase of $150.00 on these units some time ago in the year.

reason4treason

Established Member
Will dealers let you see the Invoice on it.
My MSRP is $64,150.00.
It was $64,000.00 when we ordered it on 11/30/12,but Ford had a Price Increase of $150.00 on these units some time ago in the year.

mine did. just ask. I believe it's electronically sent to them. it's size is a little less than a half page. if you tell them beforehand you want to see it so you can bust their cubes on the holdback, well then....

you've been scratching on the site for every little piece of info and after your extended wait I understand that. :lol1: i'd guess you've been asking them a lot of stuff too , haven't you? if so, then this shouldn't be seen as anything too far out of the ordinary.

my car was 59K and h/b was 1747. h/b is 3% of some figure. I can't remember exactly what figure but you're 5K more than me, so you should be able to ballpark the figure well enough for whatever you have in mind if that's going to be your approach. something tells me 'ballpark' of anything is not going to enough for you though :lol1:

carguy19

Established Member
Asking a dealer to sell a car into holdback when they get MSRP for the car is pretty ballsy.

Dont be surprised if the salesperson and manager laugh at you.

Users who are viewing this thread