2014 Shelby GT500 Wheel Question

FordJunky

Established Member
What would be the implications, if any, to using four OEM rear base wheels (20x9.5) all the way around the car. I was able to find two sets of brand new rear wheels, bought one, but now it's been difficult to find the OEM front wheels (19x9.5) in good condition. Again, this person has another set of brand new rear wheels. Would there be any issues? Sorry in advance for asking a dumb question.

Thanks!

2020FordRaptor

EcoBoost lover but nothing beats a Trinity!
Established Member
What would be the implications, if any, to using four OEM rear base wheels (20x9.5) all the way around the car. I was able to find two sets of brand new rear wheels, bought one, but now it's been difficult to find the OEM front wheels (19x9.5) in good condition. Again, this person has another set of brand new rear wheels. Would there be any issues? Sorry in advance for asking a dumb question.

Thanks!
I wouldn't think there'd be a problem, just larger rims upfront. I'm not 100% sure though.

LS WUT

Established Member
Shouldn’t be any problem at all. A vast majority of people swap our fronts and run 20x9.5 front and 20x11 in the rear. I think the offset is still the same for the rear also.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
You may need to run a spacer on the front, as the front caliper is wider than the rear. I'm running 20" 13-14 rear base wheels at all corners and I run a 5/8" spacer with ARP studs and open lug nuts.
2007 with 4 pot Brembos.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
If not,
There's eBay...

This second one you might to reach out & see if they are will to go to a "UPS-Store" to re-package the wheels and figure out shipping...

FordJunky

Established Member
You may need to run a spacer on the front, as the front caliper is wider than the rear. I'm running 20" 13-14 rear base wheels at all corners and I run a 5/8" spacer with ARP studs and open lug nuts.
2007 with 4 pot Brembos.
Appreciate the advice. I'll do the same. Thanks!

FordJunky

Established Member
If not,
There's eBay...

This second one you might to reach out & see if they are will to go to a "UPS-Store" to re-package the wheels and figure out shipping...
Tried to go that route, but after buying that wheel from two different vendors, they would come back saying they didn't have the wheel in stock or couldn't find it. One would wonder why they have it on ebay then. I think doing 20's all the way around is the better direction to go anyways.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I had the base 20×9.5 wheels all the way around. You will need a 5mm spacer to clear the front 6 piston Brembos, I learned this the hard way. Thankfully I didn't damage my front calipers. But they do look awesome.
Screenshot_20221121_221821_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread