2014 Silverado pics

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
I think its a good looking truck but a little too square. At least GM is finally on the same level of technology as Ford.

Chevrolet-Silverado_2014_photo_02.jpg

Chevrolet-Silverado_2014_photo_05.jpg

Chevrolet-Silverado_2014_photo_15.jpg

Chevrolet-Silverado_2014_photo_0c.jpg

"GM says the new pickups are stronger, safer, comfier, more powerful and more efficient than the models they replace, which were introduced way back in 2006. Buyers waiting for the new models to replace their existing trucks may be surprised by some of the new features, although the redesign is decidedly more evolutionary than revolutionary. Compared with the outgoing Silverado and Sierra, the new trucks have a taller grille with a higher hood, flanked by projector-beam headlights. The trucks have been engineered to be quieter and more comfortable than their predecessors, with better ride quality and handling.
Optional equipment like collision and lane-departure warning systems make the trucks safer, assuming the right boxes are checked off on the order form. They're also more aerodynamic, but with a coefficient of drag just this side of a barn, nobody buys a half-ton pickup for its sleek shape. Powering the new Silverado/Sierra is a new family of EcoTec3 engines. Unlike Ford's EcoBoost range, these engines aren't turbocharged, but do for the first time in a GM pickup include direct injection, as well as variable cylinder deactivation, continuously variable valve timing and aluminum blocks to make them more fuel-efficient - an increasing demand even among truck buyers.
The powertrain options include a 4.6-liter V6, a 5.3-liter V8 and a 6.2-liter V8, all new and mated to a six-speed automatic that replaces the old four-speed slushbox. GM hasn't released output and fuel-consumption figures just yet, but with three engines and numerous cab sizes, bed lengths, drivetrain and trim levels, expect a mind-boggling array of configurations when the new Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 - which stand as GM's top selling models - reaches dealers sometime next year."

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
looks better ,same engine lineup though and will probably be just as overpriced as the latest Ford offerings.

firebird1999us

Established Member
I wish GMC and Ford offered a truck with the Z71 or Raptor power train/suspension but without the Cadillac interior. I want a truck that does awesome off roading but that I'm not scared to put my dogs in:shrug:

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks the only exterior changes are the front? The interior is finally up to the current generation of trucks, though.

tcstang17

Established Member
Whats the point of those tall square wheel wells. Squares around circular wheels and tires look ridiculous and there is so much gap between fender and tire. Plus you still can't fit 35s on it in stock form like an F series. That and the front end is just terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread