2015/2016 Boss

Wish they would build another Boss.
I waited for one then I pulled the trigger on a 2014 Gt500.
I found a 1962 Galaxie XL 500 with a 406 with a six-pack,405HP, & a 4-speed, in great shape.
Any idea of it's value.
Thinking about buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMoose

Established Member
I'm sure they'll recycle the Boss name again at some point, I have a feeling Mach 1 is on deck though.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I'm sure they'll recycle the Boss name again at some point, I have a feeling Mach 1 is on deck though.

It is, for 2016. I *hope* we don't see another Boss for a while. Will help keep our cars more valuable.

Nice having only two recent years, with two drastically different body styles.

Para81

Established Member
Re-creating the Boss into the 2015 design would cheese up the brand beyond repair. It would be almost as bad as producing over 70,000 Shelby GT500's....

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Does anyone else think they should come up with a NEW special edition Mustang instead of taking away from the past? The retro theme is gone. There is no more need for Bullitts, Boss', Mach 1's and so on. Let the owners of the previous special edition Mustangs have something to be proud of and give the new wave owners something to go crazy over.

darreng505

Established Member
Does anyone else think they should come up with a NEW special edition Mustang instead of taking away from the past? The retro theme is gone. There is no more need for Bullitts, Boss', Mach 1's and so on. Let the owners of the previous special edition Mustangs have something to be proud of and give the new wave owners something to go crazy over.

I agree with this.

RTD

Established Member

Yes, I agree 100%.

The thing is, they've already recycled some of these names.

GT350? They brought it back in 1984 already, and Shelby American made a GT350 from 2011-2013.

Mach 1? They brought it back in 2003-2004.

Now, I wouldn't mind if they called the new Ecoboost an SVO. Bringing a legendary name back once is fine (like the Boss), bringing it back more than once just looks retarded.

I'd prefer the next halo car just be called the Mustang SVT Cobra. Keep that from now on, and avoid the Shelby tax.

LostPony

Established Member
Actually they used Cobra twice already too. Remember the Mustang II Cobra? So using the logic of twice is enough, then Cobra is out too.

There are only so many names to go around, so I see nothing wrong with continuing to use the old ones. I think the time is right for a Mach 1 again, and maybe a Boss again in 10 or so years if the Mustang is still around.

Edit: Oh! Why not use the Eliminator name from the Cougar?

Last edited:

Boss949

Established Member
Look for in house (not 3rd party like Shelby, Roush) GT 350 track monster in 16 or 17. Supposed to be a N/A with close to 600 HP, track monster. Maybe the Roadrunner 5.0 with more advancements? CJ intake, different headers, etc.

The other engine (Voodoo code name 351 ish?) blown engine for a Mach I. Mach ! patents have been applied for, etc.
Ford Files "Mach 1" Trademark - Top Speed

Users who are viewing this thread