2015 5.0 vs 11-14 5.0 Blocks

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Any side by side comparisons or pictures of a 15 vs 11-14 block? When will these 15 blocks be available for purchase? Will we be able to bolt our 13 heads to the 15 blocks? Goal is to find a block to hold more power than the current 11-14 blocks and not sleeve, thanks.

5.0GT

Established Member
Why not sleeve? I don't think Ford will care to make block that can handle 1500+hp on an NA car making 435. I bet it'll cost less to sleeve it.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Why not sleeve? I don't think Ford will care to make block that can handle 1500+hp on an NA car making 435. I bet it'll cost less to sleeve it.

To my knowledge sleeved blocks cost $$$, our stock 11-14 blocks handle sub 1000rwhp. The whole goal here is to be able to handle more power and not have to spend $1000's on sleeveing along with the downtime while getting the job done.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Not sure about this but I believe they reinforced the water passages (the weak link on the previous blocks) around the cylinders.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The FRPP block is going to be the strongest unmodded Coyote block available. I'd start looking at that one if you want to build an engine.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
The FRPP block is going to be the strongest unmodded Coyote block available. I'd start looking at that one if you want to build an engine.

Tasca told me they may have stopped production or something to that nature :( sucks if it holds true and FRPP Doesnt figure out whatever production issues they are having with it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Tasca told me they may have stopped production or something to that nature :( sucks if it holds true and FRPP Doesnt figure out whatever production issues they are having with it.

Could be. FRPP has been trying to get the Sportsman Coyote block to market for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread