2015 5.0 vs ecoboost

7t7ta400

Established Member
am curious just how much faster the 5.0 will be over the ecoboost in the 1/4 mile i can not wait to see some one test the two cars side by side so that i can put my order in

Voltwings

Established Member
well seeing as how one comes with about 100+ more horsepower than the other it shouldn't be any big surprise. The ecoboost track pack comes with the same Brembos the Boss has now, and coming in at around 3500 lbs its something i have really looked into since recently getting more involved in road course driving... The 5.0 is awesome without a doubt, and by far the better straight line car, but i want to see what the ecoboost will do around some twisties. I have owned some very fast turbo 4's in the past, so i guess i'll just always kind of have a soft spot for them though....

chancejat

Established Member
i betting the ecoboost with a bigger turbo will make more power then a basic bolton 5.0....but stock for stock the 5.0 is gone after 30mph...

Voltwings

Established Member
i betting the ecoboost with a bigger turbo will make more power then a basic bolton 5.0....but stock for stock the 5.0 is gone after 30mph...

Depends on how much fuel the DI can support on the ecoboost. I've had my fair share of auxillary fueling systems on DI platforms and it is a pain (previously owned a 500 whp mazdaspeed3), and I wouldnt bet on making the ecoboost a heavy hitter, its place is on an autocross / racetrack. Thats not to say someone wont make it a heavy hitter, but with the new cylinder heads / cams the 5.0 will be receiving, it would need to be one hell of a bigger turbo haha.

Users who are viewing this thread