2015+ Aluminator Compatibility

JpL4K3

Established Member
Outside of having to change the upper intake manifold, are there any other requirements needed to make a 2015+ Aluminator work in a 11 - 14?

I searched and can't fine a definite answer to this.

mcduffer7

Established Member
I called Ford Racing and you would need to buy the control pack as the firing order is different. I almost bought a 15-16 Aluminator until I called. Luckily I found an 11-14 SC version.

Turbo5.0

Established Member
Same firing order on 5.0's. 5.2 FPC (GT350) different firing order. You would have to modify/deal with the difference in the oil filter adaptor to block change.

AKDMB

Established Member
I have generally found Ford Racing tech line pretty helpful. I hope they didn't tell mcduffer7 that the 2015 5.0 had a different firing order.

Last edited:

dennisn

Established Member
What about swapping ecm instead of cams. Granted it's not cheap but not nearly as invasive

Last edited:

AKDMB

Established Member
I don't know how a 2015 PCM would work with the rest of the car. The PCM has to play with every other portion of the CAN BUS in the car. You can't think of it like a standalone engine controller.

weemon2k2

Established Member
Outside of having to change the upper intake manifold, are there any other requirements needed to make a 2015+ Aluminator work in a 11 - 14?

I searched and can't fine a definite answer to this.

Here is a good alternative to the aluminator if you have and 11–14 coyote.
http://pbhperformance.com/shop/pbh-coyote-longblock/

To my knowledge you can use the S550 5.0 engine in a S197 as long as you have 11-14 timing components and intake manifold

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
That would probably be a good deal with aftermarket rods and pistons. But 7k for a basically stock undressed long block? Dunno.

dennisn

Established Member
Least this is an option and a quick one at that. That's my kind of lead time.

It is a lot. No intake, no valve covers, water pump etc........

Last edited:

mcduffer7

Established Member
I have generally found Ford Racing tech line pretty helpful. I hope they didn't tell mcduffer7 that the 2015 5.0 had a different firing order.

That is exactly what I was told and exactly why I didn't buy the 15-16 version. Ford Racing tech line.

Users who are viewing this thread