2015 Base GT.3 days old and buyers remorse already!!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Must be a small guy, for me the '15 interior is far too cramped.

Well I'm 6'4 290 and I test drove a premium Eco Boost today from a dealer I have bought almost all of my Mustangs from. First the car is VERY REFINED. I was really surprised how smooth it was and how it drove. Second, the 15 has more room than my 11 GT500. I had more leg room for sure, and side to side it was a bit bigger. I had m Shelby at the dealer, and Charlie, (my sales guy who has sold me all of my Fords) agreed sitting in both cars.

I would have to say a trick out Eco boost is not a bad deal....not a bad deal at all.

olaosunt

Established Member
So a base gt with performance pack wont have the ability to chose sport mode?
Double tapping the traction control puts the advance trac in "sport" mode-same feature is on the 11-14's.Not sure if it has any effect on throttle response but was told it is the same "sport" mode you access with the toggle switches on the premium.
I suspect the "track" mode is the same as disabling advance trac by holding for 5 secs with your foot on the brake.
It would seem silly if you can't access those modes on base with performance pack.
Pretty happy now that I know I can access those driving modes just the same without the toggles.The Recaros are probably the only thing I may miss not waiting on the car I originally built

bpmurr

Established Member
Must be a small guy, for me the '15 interior is far too cramped.

Are you kidding me? I'm 6'4" 235 and have no issues. I have way more room than in the multiple S197 Stangs I've had.

matt5058

Established Member
Are you kidding me? I'm 6'4" 235 and have no issues. I have way more room than in the multiple S197 Stangs I've had.

Ditto. I'm 6'5'', 230 and had no problems with the S197's I've been in and fit in with no problems in the S550 I test drove.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I heard a fat chick complain about it being to cramped when I was at the dealer the other day. Call me a dick but I chuckled.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ordering a base model, which I've done twice, allows me to build the car Ford won't.
( 1 option on the 11, 2 options on the 14 ).
The packages always contain things I don't want, and the money saved can be used on things I do want.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I should try and meet up with you and Ken sometime.
Come to Morrocco-they race until the first snow flake falls.

You definitely should. PM me your number again and I'll get ahold of you. During the winter I try to get people together for lunch on Saturdays every month or so.

Have you drove or rode in a tuned, 6R80 car? They are great.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
for me the '15 interior is far too cramped.

Well I'm 6'4 290 ... the 15 has more room than my 11 GT500.

I'm 6'4" 235 and have no issues.

I'm 6'5'', 230 and had no problems

I'm 6 ft 250 lbs, and the S550 definitely "felt" more cramped compared to my 13 GT. It all comes down to the 1" in loss in headroom.

d.jpg

I heard a fat chick complain about it being to cramped ... Call me a dick but I chuckled.

Happy to oblige!

dick. ;-)

Last edited:

Ubergeist

Established Member
I'm 6 ft 250 lbs, and the S550 definitely "felt" more cramped compared to my 13 GT. It all comes down to the 1" in loss in headroom.
I also sat in the new stang. 6'1" 230lbs. Thought it was very nice, not cramped at all. Felt more vettish, (like a cockpit). But then again, I also like R53 Mini Coopers.

Only vehicle I could not fit in was a fiesta with Perf pkg. My lats said no to the seats! If someone over 175lbs can fit in those seats, I believe that breaks the laws of physics.

To OP, if you have a 235M, would that not make the better daily??

olaosunt

Established Member
My Audi is my daily driver now....especially in this weather and since I put the Mickey Thompson drag radials on the back of the M235 so I could run an 11.9. ;-)lol
The plan was to run the M235 as my summer daily and the audi as my winter daily.
In truth, I will end up driving all the cars in winter(helps me get rid of my winter blues) with snow tires......but the audi is "unstoppable" with snows!

I am really enjoying my base especially now since the bama tune .They sent me a "sport and track" tune but I would not even bother with the sport tune.The TCS still is on with the track tune but the difference in throttle response and how the car drives is startling..and wonderful.
I also dropped just the front end, and as the springs settle it looks better every day.

My Gibson exhaust arrives on friday-I snagged that for $500 new!.I have also ordered the Lethal H resonator delete as an option I can switch to if I don't like the X or it is too loud .

I have been experimenting with wheels and I think I like the AMR wheels best, as they don't poke out like the TSW's.

The Nittos-305/45 Nt05 R's ride quite nicely too.

I also have a rear pair with snow tires mounted on them already so just need to switch out the front tires.

I was also surprised that the TPMS that I bought with those wheels works with the 15-

I will also buy a set of TPMS for my 19 Ford racing wheels and keep the TSW's for my 12.

Currently working out deal with a company "that will not be named"---in case some one steals my deal-and I may return from my deployment to find the car was a lot faster than before I left....that should make the deployment go a lost faster.
lol

image_zpsf95a1a89.jpg
image_zps1b95c843.jpg

image_zpsb29cd503.jpg
image_zpsd1b7bdec.jpg

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Eh, you buy a car because you can't wait, and you regret it.

Big woop.

You can't get mad at the car dealership for offering $26k for it though. You gave $32k for it (NEW). In 3-4 weeks there will be $1000-2500 in rebates, so if you had waited to buy it at the end of the year, you would've given $30k for it.

Used Mustangs won't sell in the winter, so they'll have it until spring, the rebates will probably be $2500-3500. So at this point, someone could buy a new one for $28,500. Say they gave you $26,000 for it, and turned around and had it listed at $26,000. If you could buy a new one for $2,500 more, wouldn't you do that?

olaosunt

Established Member
Eh, you buy a car because you can't wait, and you regret it.

Big woop.

You can't get mad at the car dealership for offering $26k for it though. You gave $32k for it (NEW). In 3-4 weeks there will be $1000-2500 in rebates, so if you had waited to buy it at the end of the year, you would've given $30k for it.

Used Mustangs won't sell in the winter, so they'll have it until spring, the rebates will probably be $2500-3500. So at this point, someone could buy a new one for $28,500. Say they gave you $26,000 for it, and turned around and had it listed at $26,000. If you could buy a new one for $2,500 more, wouldn't you do that?

Never really thought it was a "big woop " as soon as I put it in to proper perspective.
I am sure you will agree there are worse decisions I could have made in life.

I see you are a car dealer so not surprised at your view.

I got the car for x-plan and $1000 lease conquest ,so I paid just over $30k for the car.
Car had only 200 miles on it,so to answer your question,yes I would gladly pay $2k less for such a used car if I was shopping for a base. And I bet you they would have listed it at $30k at least-and they would have at least sold one of the GT's they now have covered in snow on their lot.I bet you such a "used" GT with 200 miles would sell a lot quicker than the loaded $43-45K GT. Heck,the cheapest premium ecoboost they have on the lot is $35K.

If I was shopping for a base now and found a "used " one with 200 miles for $30k I would probably buy it.I am sure you know as a dealer,base cars are hard to find on the lot.
I understand they are a business but they have low balled me too many times on trades in the past despite having bought over 5-6 cars from them the last 9 years.I had sworn I was not going to buy another car from them again and I am glad I did not in the end.Only reason I went back there was they were going to get a car similar to what I ordered and they are 2 miles away.
Their loss...may be?
They have had up to 6 GT's since the beginning of October and they have not sold one yet,even though Ford said the average turn around on theses cars is 6 days.It is snowing now in Indy so I am sure those cars will be sitting on their lot till spring.

That same dealer tried to sell me an explorer sport,a demo with 1000 miles as new!

I promptly ordered (and bought) a new one from another dealer(same from who I ordered the GT) for invoice plus lease conquest.

As I have since said,and as I am sure you can tell from the pictures above I am really quite happy with my decision now.

I am putting the $10K I saved towards "go fast"parts.

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
Can I ask how the power of your S4 compares to the 15gt? And maybe a quick overall comparison of the 2. I love my 13 S4 at the moment. But it is a tad slow compared to the 14gt with a TVS that I traded it for lol.

olaosunt

Established Member
I almost traded the S4 for a 2015 GT.
Changed my mind when I remembered how nice it was not driving a rear wheel drive with sweaty palms ,even with snow tires,through another Indiana winter.

I have only had the S4 for a year but the trade in value I was offered was quite good.I have also seen 2-3 year old cars with 30k miles sell for low 40's on carmax(especially in winter lol)

I wanted a "nice riding mustang" again as every time I got in my 2012 after driving the S4 it felt like a jalopy.
The interior is best of all my cars even though I got the base/manual with no options .
It is way better than the M235 but the premium 15 GT was comparable though.
I figured I already had a luxury car in the audi,so another reason the base GT made more sense .

I ran the it once at the strip.It cut 1.9 60 ft times on snow tires and ran 13.3@102-3.
It is the best daily driver I have had and I have had a couple of BMW's including a 2009 M3.
It could be because it has not been molested other than being lowered and spacers .
I am sure you know if you flash the ECU ,audi flags you and voids your warranty.
With a tune though cars run mid to low 12's or even high 11's.
They say the tunes don't make much difference in daily driving since they only shine at higher rpm's but I would still love to get one when my warranty is up ,as car seems to be keeper especially if I stay in Indy(I have been saying we are moving every winter for the last 15 years).

It "felt" faster than the 15 GT(before the tune and exhaust ) which may in part be due to the steep gears(3000 rpm at 85 mph)and the power build up is linear almost like an N/A car despite being supercharged.It has gobs of torque from like 1500 rpm but it runs out of steam above 5500 rpm while the 15 GT feels like it is just getting started.lol

I never really considered the S4 small car but the 15 GT feels huge in comparison.
I know it is apples and oranges but the the V6 in the S4 feels silky smooth compared to the "rougher " V8 in the 15Gt.

Of course compared to my 12 GT in signature it feels slower but not by much,on the street despite the almost 500 HP difference even if it is underrated (figure more like 350-360 to the 330 Hp rating)
The ride is smooth even though I am lowered.The steering also has a nice heft to it.
I think it looks good lowered with spacers without being flash(although they say all the "douch bags" have moved from BMW to audi).

Overall it just feels like a really buttoned down fast car for a "grown up" so I drive it to work every day....except Wednesday(test and tune night) or whenever I feel like acting my shoe size and not my age.
If I could only have one car and live in Indiana it would have to be it.
Hope that helps.

DSC09725_zps13adadd9.jpg

DSC09708_zps0eca1346.jpg

DSC09730_zpsf361f645.jpg

DSC09732_zps0e4dbfe8.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread