2015 GT (Non PP) wearing tires unevenly....Camber?

Branhammer

Established Member
My 2015 GT Non PP has only 16k miles on it and already needs new tires because the inner side of each tire is worn the **** out. It was brought to my attention yesterday when I took the car into a tire shop to have a leak fixed on one of the tires (screw in the tread).

The outer sides of the tires look fine. If they had worn evenly, I'd probably get another 10k-15k miles easily. Instead, I'm going to have to replace tires with only 16k miles on them. Is this normal for these cars? Seems like the camber is what would be causing it.

If it's not normal, do I have any options as far as replacing the tires under warranty? If not, this is not something I want to deal with every 2 years.

What are my options guys?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Could be the toe. Mine was toe in almost 2° in from the factory. I run -2.5° camber on the street (F and R), and my tires wear pretty evenly. I would just have the alignment checked and go from there. I have my toe set to 0 front and rear. I used to to about 1° of toe in for the rear, but this car doesn't seem to mind being at 0 too much, so I just leave it there and it is one less thing I have to dick around with for the time being.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Could be the toe. Mine was toe in almost 2° in from the factory. I run -2.5° camber on the street (F and R), and my tires wear pretty evenly. I would just have the alignment checked and go from there. I have my toe set to 0 front and rear. I used to to about 1° of toe in for the rear, but this car doesn't seem to mind being at 0, so I just leave it there and it is one less thing I have to dick around with.
How is turn in with 0 toe rear?

I considered zeroing up the front and leaving a bit for the rear for some stability.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It's better with a little toe, but I accidentally set it to zero and haven't had time to change it again. Really it's not that big of a change. I will eventually add some toe back in, but I'm not going to take the time to do it until I am making adjustments everywhere again.

Branhammer

Established Member
Could be the toe. Mine was toe in almost 2° in from the factory. I run -2.5° camber on the street (F and R), and my tires wear pretty evenly. I would just have the alignment checked and go from there. I have my toe set to 0 front and rear. I used to to about 1° of toe in for the rear, but this car doesn't seem to mind being at 0 too much, so I just leave it there and it is one less thing I have to dick around with for the time being.

Interesting. Is there any chance Ford would replace the tires under warranty since this was clearly caused by alignment issues?

Burnouts will kill rear tires with stock camber specs very quickly.

I've never done a burnout in this car and don't plan to.

Users who are viewing this thread