2015 GT350 Anniversary Model confirmed

Lemers

Established Member
I disagree. I dont think you will see a large discrepancy in price simply because one can buy the same thing and there are lots of them. Now if the 15 was the only one getting the 5.2 flat plane crank it would be special different and its value would sky rocket. That is not the case, the 137 does not make it special since there will be 10k plus units with the same options. 2009 GXP, 2003 RS6, 2011 GT2RS are all great cars because there are less than 1k made(sold in america) and they were only available for one year. Not the case for the GT350.

Can you name one MY vehicle in which its price well is above other years with the same body and drivetrain? Are the 2k zl1 built in 12 more valuable than the 8k zl1 built in 13?

The 1964.5 mustang and the 1963 split window Stingray corvettes.

Neither of those were "special edition" trims either, but they both sell on average for more than the other years with the same model.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
We may be 2 months away from production of the 2016 Mustang GT350, but what about the production of the 2015 Mustang GT350 ? For all we know, Ford may have plans to produce the 2015 GT350 in May or may have already produced them.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The split window was a different body only available for one year. How is the 64.5 labeled on the vin? How much more are these in value over the 65?

The GT350 is still a ways out.

Lemers

Established Member
The corvette C2 ran from 1963 to 1967. Chevy made chages through out, but the split window is the most desirable because of its rarity.

As I understand the VINs for early mustangs were all 1965s. However collectors consider ones built before 17 aug 1964 to be 1964.5s. Again making them rarer than the rest.

With the ZL1 2k made vs 8k made in other years may or may not be a compelling enough reason for a collector to pay a premium. It's hard to tell since these aren't old enough get a real trend.

Now, 137 vs over 5k each year will demand a premium in years to come.

Cars have a bad reverse bell shaped curve. They depreciate right when you buy it for years, then they start to go up in value.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
With the split window its desirable because it's the only year of that body. Which is my point. Just as the 69 trans am is more valuable since it's the only year with that body. Not the same as the coming GT350.

Lemers

Established Member
With the split window its desirable because it's the only year of that body. Which is my point. Just as the 69 trans am is more valuable since it's the only year with that body. Not the same as the coming GT350.

Ok, so the 2015 GT350 won't pull extra value/demand/desirability based on 137 made vs 5k in say 20 years. I use 20 years cause that's when collectors market starts really heating up for car models.

Users who are viewing this thread