13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why not?
137 is nothing and easy to sell direct.
They are not being spec. as it is only 37 R's, 50 Tech, and 50 Track
It would solve the problem of pissing off dealers who were told they would have at least one each year. Hell 137 is not even enough to supply each Presidents award winner with one each.
I imagine it'll be a lottery, much like the GT500KRs.

Ford would get a ton of slack for only making 137 and not making them available to the general public.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I imagine it'll be a lottery, much like the GT500KRs.

Ford would get a ton of slack for only making 137 and not making them available to the general public.

Got it. I think its crazy that they are making them at all. With how late it is Id imagine they would be made on the same line as the the 2016 just with that different vin.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got it. I think its crazy that they are making them at all. With how late it is Id imagine they would be made on the same line as the the 2016 just with that different vin.
That's my thought too. I couldn't believe it when they announced this.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I am not surprised at all that Ford is building a limited run of 2015 Mustang GT350 Mustangs. After all, the GT350 was listed in the 2015 order guide. I have made posts saying Ford would produce some 2015 Mustang GT350 Mustangs despite the fact the Ford reps said the GT350 would be offered as a 2016 model. I would think the savy Mustang fan would have gone to a savy Ford dealer and placed an order for a 2015 GT350 after seeing the 2015 order guide.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
My dealer told me they did it by lottery already and he did not get one. Since I am getting his first allocation, it would have been cool, but I am fine with the 2016.

Going to have a real fun time with my 14 GT500 until then. I need me some nittos :D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I am not surprised at all that Ford is building a limited run of 2015 Mustang GT350 Mustangs. After all, the GT350 was listed in the 2015 order guide. I have made posts saying Ford would produce some 2015 Mustang GT350 Mustangs despite the fact the Ford reps said the GT350 would be offered as a 2016 model. I would think the savy Mustang fan would have gone to a savy Ford dealer and placed an order for a 2015 GT350 after seeing the 2015 order guide.

Anyone with the least bit of knowledge on how MY numbers work would know that your statement is absolutely false. Anytime a model is produced as late as august september will get the following years MY. We knew 2 years ago it was going to be a late summer or fall 15 build for these cars. Ford had already set precedent with march build of the 2011 mustang in February March of 2010. They also showed us this with the may builds of both the 2003(may of 2002) SVT Cobra and 2011(may of 2010) SVT GT500. When was the last time a model first appeared in the second half of the year and yet still received that same years model year? I dont recall a single vehicle in my 30+ years of following the auto market. It just does not happen!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Wut? Stop.

My dealer told me they did it by lottery already and he did not get one. Since I am getting his first allocation, it would have been cool, but I am fine with the 2016.

Going to have a real fun time with my 14 GT500 until then. I need me some nittos :D

Your dealer lied to you. Ford has not released information on how the vehicles will be assigned yet.

Anyone with the least bit of knowledge on how MY numbers work would know that your statement is absolutely false. Anytime a model is produced as late as august september will get the following years MY. We knew 2 years ago it was going to be a late summer or fall 15 build for these cars. Ford had already set precedent with march build of the 2011 mustang in February March of 2010. They also showed us this with the may builds of both the 2003(may of 2002) SVT Cobra and 2011(may of 2010) SVT GT500. When was the last time a model first appeared in the second half of the year and yet still received that same years model year? I dont recall a single vehicle in my 30+ years of following the auto market. It just does not happen!

+1

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
You were blinded by past precedent. Ford was sending out clues about the reintroduction of the GT350 before it was produced. I suspected ,along with some others, that Ford might make some GT350 Mustangs during the 2015 model year to celebrate the 50 th anniversary of the Shelby GT350. There were many people who thought the 2015 order guide had a misprint with the GT350 listed. The 2015 order guide was a clue Ford was up to something different from the past. Officialy, the GT350 was to be launched as a 2016 model for the majority of its initial production run and most GT350 Mustangs will be built as 2016 models. However, it should not be surprising Ford would want to produce a few 2015 GT 350 Mustangs. I am surprised people did not see this coming. We are now dealing with the new Ford that is willing to break precedent.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Do you have any idea why Ford or any other manufacturer don't build production cars the second half of the same year? It's not about precedence it's about money. It cost money to change the production line and switch model years. No manufacturer in their right mind would begin a build process only to shut it down to switch model years after a two week or two month build period. That is why it's not done, it cost too much money!

But hey if you know more than those that build the cars or even those that own the dealers that sell the cars more power to you. I'm guessing you predicted the Baltimore game with no fans in it too. First time in 145 years a game was played with no fans! Why don't they do that more often? It's the same reason it costs too much money!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You were blinded by past precedent. Ford was sending out clues about the reintroduction of the GT350 before it was produced. I suspected ,along with some others, that Ford might make some GT350 Mustangs during the 2015 model year to celebrate the 50 th anniversary of the Shelby GT350. There were many people who thought the 2015 order guide had a misprint with the GT350 listed. The 2015 order guide was a clue Ford was up to something different from the past. Officialy, the GT350 was to be launched as a 2016 model for the majority of its initial production run and most GT350 Mustangs will be built as 2016 models. However, it should not be surprising Ford would want to produce a few 2015 GT 350 Mustangs. I am surprised people did not see this coming. We are now dealing with the new Ford that is willing to break precedent.

Actually, I must have been blinded by the GT350 Dealer Program Enrollment Form I filled out and returned.

Please continue to act all high and mighty.

Interesting note...in my contract I signed it states "...this certification agreement shall remain in effect from the date of its execution for the first FULL two years of production..."

I guess I never read it that closely. Looks like there will be a limited run in 2015, and then 2016 and 2017 will be full runs.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So that contract does not begin until the first full year of production? Does that mean you can get 15 gt350 without signing a contract?

I would think- certain dealers are getting 15s. And certain people are getting them- and they already know who they are.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Sad thing is most of the limited run '15 GT350s will probably never see the streets/track as they were intended. Garage queens/ added to someone's collection of u driven cars.:(
Maybe with the 137 15's but that's what people said about the BOSS 302 as well. What happened? Twice as many owners used the BOSS Track Attack school than Ford planned and you see BOSS 302's at tracks across the globe. Ford was very pleased to see so many BOSS 302's on track and I expect the same thing will happen with the GT350. Most people with the cash to buy one of these cars know that cars are not a good investment and hence buy them to drive them. Do you ever track your car?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Quote removed by Staff. It seems someone wont be here long.

Banned people coming back to attack me. Not much of a life it appears

Also- car salesman? Definately not a car salesman but that's ok.

I wasn't given some information on this one. So I didn't know. No harm no foul. I just didn't and it appears a lot of other people didn't either after asking around

Get a life bro

Clear your private messages kid!

Lemers

Established Member
So in hence there is no such thing as a run of 15 GT350's. If someone can't walk in off the street to purchase or order as they want, what good is it?

These 137 GT350s are the VINs that people will be looking for over the next 50 years.

I believe it will reduce collector demand for the GT350s and somewhat harm resell.

Meaning that in the future when the value of these cars start going up, 2016 and 2017 GT350s will be worth a % over GTs while 2015 GT350 will be worth a whole lot more than the 2016/2017 Gt350s.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
A dealer on another forum said exactly this. 2016 are only what 2 months behind the wrap of 2015? There will be plenty of 350's to go around in MY 2016

A Ford rep has been heard saying that there will be no or zero MY 15 GT350's to dealers and that all 137 have already been spoken for or sold to Ford Brass and VIP's.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
These 137 GT350s are the VINs that people will be looking for over the next 50 years.

I believe it will reduce collector demand for the GT350s and somewhat harm resell.

Meaning that in the future when the value of these cars start going up, 2016 and 2017 GT350s will be worth a % over GTs while 2015 GT350 will be worth a whole lot more than the 2016/2017 Gt350s.

I disagree. I dont think you will see a large discrepancy in price simply because one can buy the same thing and there are lots of them. Now if the 15 was the only one getting the 5.2 flat plane crank it would be special different and its value would sky rocket. That is not the case, the 137 does not make it special since there will be 10k plus units with the same options. 2009 GXP, 2003 RS6, 2011 GT2RS are all great cars because there are less than 1k made(sold in america) and they were only available for one year. Not the case for the GT350.

Can you name one MY vehicle in which its price well is above other years with the same body and drivetrain? Are the 2k zl1 built in 12 more valuable than the 8k zl1 built in 13?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
A dealer on another forum said exactly this. 2016 are only what 2 months behind the wrap of 2015? There will be plenty of 350's to go around in MY 2016

I just heard 15 production ends end of july and 16 production starts second week of august. We are still at least two months out from the first GT350 being built.

Users who are viewing this thread