2015 heads making 600 rwhp N/A possible?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I don't see those additional mods collectively netting 50rwhp. All they are doing is cutting down parasitic loss which usually don't see much if any gains on the dyno. Although the electric water pump might pick up a few. When you say air do you mean outside ambient temperature or the elevation? Obviously both contribute but it may not make a huge difference depending. Those numbers are still very impressive regardless. I bet that car flies.

I've seen FTW Purple net a 30+/- WHP increase over pump e85 (though I realize no one is going to just be driving around on this fuel) Also have seen the EWP free up 10-12 WHP. That and the ambient temp I think could spin a number damn close to 575 whp. As for the rotating mass weight reduction I realize this won't effect peak numbers much if at all, I do think it'll make more power faster, thus making an already sick curve MORE sick. The curve is the most important thing in my mind, though talking high peak numbers is fun and a lot of folks seem to knock it up to the end all be all. How a car performs under it's peak is where the true test & results lay when you're trying to correlate a dyno sheet to performance on the street/track, even then it's no perfect science.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Agreed, the water pump will help and the fuel adds a lot but 50hp is a ton. The mods you are talking about absolutely will make the car accelerate more quickly but not increase hp. That's why hp discussions unless done on an sae certified avl type dyno are not relevant from one dyno to the next.

Use as a compare tool only on that one dyno. Go to track see how it runs, mod, repeat.

Agree completely!

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Agreed, the water pump will help and the fuel adds a lot but 50hp is a ton. The mods you are talking about absolutely will make the car accelerate more quickly but not increase hp. That's why hp discussions unless done on an sae certified avl type dyno are not relevant from one dyno to the next.

Use as a compare tool only on that one dyno. Go to track see how it runs, mod, repeat.
Agree as well, however there is a tunning aspect that I am interested in. Is it worth the wait for the mass production of 2015 heads or just port the ones I have in the attemp to have a better platform to make power. Also would be cheaper then boss heads maybe when ported. 600 rwph is just a number but its a number I need to start seeing in order to justify starying N/A, horsepower per dollar in all. Bolting on a power adder is much easier and possibly cheaper or the same price, however in my experience power adders add another system to the car to fail. The most reliable quick cars I have seen on the street have been N/A. And I know all about the street car pie. Fast and reliable= Not cheap. However I am still optimistic we will have some better parts in order to elipsie that magical 600 rwhp number and have 130+ trap speeds at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread