2015 Mustang GT Oil Change

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Hey guys so its time for an oil change. My question is which oil would be best for my 2015 GT Performance Pack?

I looked into a few forums and found that Amsoil ATM 10W-30 would be the best option for me. Since I live in LA and the car is lightly modified. H Pipe + Pipe Bomb axlebacks. Will be adding more mods soon.

I was wondering what you guys have to say? I couldnt find any threads about 2015 GT oil changes on here so I thought i should ask.

Whats your recommendation? I currently have 5800 miles on the car, I got it used at 2,500 miles and i am wondering if I should stay with the recommended Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 or go Amsoil ATM 10W-30, full synthetic or a blend?

Please let me know what you guys would recommend.

Cheers! :beer:

whatsup62

Established Member
All anyone can tell you is what they do. I run Royal Purple 5w-20. I have aways ran RP in all my performance cars and have had great success with it.

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member

KarbisSVT

Established Member
How many quarts do i need for the 15 GT? I read somewhere 8.5. Feels like too much. But is that right? Thanks! I might do Royal Purple.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I changed the oil at 1500 miles. 8qts of 10w30 gold cap full synthetic. I'm at 3800 now and will change it again at 4500.

scotmach

Established Member
I just changed mine before putting the car away for the Winter and used Amsoil 5W-20. My car is not a PP.

The PP cars take between 8-8.5 quarts. The non PP cars take 8 quarts all with a filter change.

Users who are viewing this thread