2015 Mustang.. What exactly does the snow/rain setting do?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I was impressed with the way this car was in the snow and ice with the snow/rain mode engaged. With it off, I was all over the place. Though we didn't get a ton of snow, it turned in to solid ice and wasn't too bad. I had to laugh at people in 4x4 trucks going slower.

It seems to decrease power, make the accelerator pedal harder to push. Does anyone know what it actually does?

image_zps494f8e4e.jpg

image_zpsc2069619.jpg

image_zpsa1a24bef.jpg

95blownsc

Established Member
At least for some vehicles, snow mode will change the shift schedule to start off in 2nd gear only. This would give you the sense of decreased power.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I'm not sure if it started in second, but I tested it on a dry road and you can actually hit the button at any speed and feel the car "pull back"

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Can't find much online other than the wet/snow setting tweaks throttle response, steering effort and traction control to mitigate wheel spin and maximize vehicle control.

95blownsc

Established Member
Yeah I can't say what groups from other systems do to help in snow mode, but I can say as a trans calibrator we do manipulate the shift schedule. This of course includes the 2nd gear starts among other things.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Come on Rick you work at ford and you're asking us? just ask the engineers! lol.

Lagometer

Established Member
Today was the first time since I bought it that I didn't use wet/snow mode. It accelerated harder, breaking the tires loose in the 46 degree weather. Can't wait until the new wheels get here and the all seasons are mounted.

I think it was unfortunate that Ford and their dealers chose to put summer only tires on cars sold in Washington state during the winter. On most days, you can't even drive your new Mustang off the lot without voiding the tire warranty.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I think it was unfortunate that Ford and their dealers chose to put summer only tires on cars sold in Washington state during the winter ...

Yup. I live in the Northeast and always use my Stangs as a dd, so I make sure to disregard every PP car on the lot ...

Users who are viewing this thread