2015 NFL Offseason Thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Time to shut the 2014 season thread down. So, do the Patriots/Seahawks square off again this year? Who do you guys see rising to the top? Who do you guys want your teams to get in the draft?

Speedboosted

Established Member
Hopefully I'm allowed to join in on this one...as much as I love the Patriots (not a fanboy or anything like that) I don't see them getting back to the big game. Unless Revis Island stays and they keep Vareen and Gostowski, I don't see a repeat happening sadly

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Hopefully I'm allowed to join in on this one...as much as I love the Patriots (not a fanboy or anything like that) I don't see them getting back to the big game. Unless Revis Island stays and they keep Vareen and Gostowski, I don't see a repeat happening sadly

Pats are the youngest team to win the Super Bowl so I only see room for improvement. Especially on the defensive side. I'm not saying they will make it back but who in the AFC is better? I do agree though that keeping Revis is a must.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm really curious to hear if the Hawks will pick up Suh. Not sure how good of a fit he'll be for the team with his past issues.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Pats are the youngest team to win the Super Bowl so I only see room for improvement. Especially on the defensive side. I'm not saying they will make it back but who in the AFC is better? I do agree though that keeping Revis is a must.

I'm not really worried about the defense, pending Revis, but more about Tom honestly. They all got off to a poor start last year and if that happens again, I just feel like it won't be turned around as well as it was this season. It's weird that I'm doubting my favorite team so much...hell they'll win 4 titles in a row :)

I hear you on AFC competitors, only the Ravens would a threat. They had a lot of players, and I mean a lot, injured last year. The Colts are definitely on the way up but until Luck can even get into a competitive game with Tom and Bill, they aren't going anywhere

Panic661

Established Member
I hope the Chargers draft a strength and conditioning staff...can they draft that? Please? And linemen. All of the linemen.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
MM pt.II will screw up in the draft. Given.

Good Lord, I hope Suh doesn't end up in Chicago though. That's really the only thing that will make me cringe this offseason.

Branhammer

Established Member
AFC East: The only team in the AFC East that can challenge the Pats is the Dolphins and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Dolphins fan. The Jets need too much work and the circus has moved to Buffalo. Miami was very injury depleted at the end of the year. All you have to do is look at the offensive stats before and after Brandon Albert got put on IR and you'll see what the problem was on offense. Other big names on IR were Delmas, Ellerbe, and Moreno. Not to mention multiple suspensions of big name players early in the season.

Other than that, all they have to do is fix the LB situation by letting go of Ellerbe and Wheeler. Either move Dion Jordan to LB or draft a good LB. Get a big, run stopping DT with their first-round pick. Find a decent G in the FA. Resign Delmas and let Finnegan go. Add a little depth to the DBs and OL through the draft/FA. I believe we have found our QB and considering how many hits he's taken and has still started every single game since he got there, he's a tough SOB.

The Dolphins are really only about 3-4 decent players away from giving the Pats a run if they could just stay healthy. But for some reason, that always seems to be a big IF with Miami.

AFC West: I believe the Chargers are going to win this division. Not because they will be significantly better, but because they are a good team in a regressing division. Who knows if Manning is even coming back? The Broncos blew their load and it hasn't quite paid off. Without a HEALTHY Peyton Manning they will not win the division. The Chiefs will look good for 8 weeks and then have a meltdown like they always do. The Raiders are the Raiders.

AFC North: The Ravens are my favorites to win that division. They'll build some more depth through the draft and continue to run Forsett down defenses throats. The Steelers will be solid and in the hunt for a wildcard. The Bengals...I just never know them them. They could go undefeated or winless. The Browns are a shit show.

AFC South: It'll be a race between the Texans and Colts. If the Texans can figure out the QB situation, it's over. I don't care about Andrew Luck. The Texans are an all-around better team than the Colts. You think the Pats would have stomped such a massive mud hole in Houston in the AFC Championship game? I don't. Who are the other teams in that division? I can't even remember....Oh yeah the Titans and Jags! Moving on...

NFC East: Sorry, I DON'T believe in Foles. Cowboys win the East. Eagles maybe get a wildcard unless Foles proves me wrong or they draft Mariotta and he turns out better than I'm expecting him to be. He could fit the Eagles offense very well. I'm not saying the Cowboys don't need any work (they need to draft ALL defense) but they are the most complete team in the division IMO. The defense sucks but they do just enough to let the offense win games. The Giants will be very interesting to watch with Beckham Jr. developing more. They may surprise people. The Redskins will be mediocre. RGIII is an injury-prone bitch.

NFC West: If the Cardinals, Rams, and 49ers can deal with their QB situations (Kap sucking ass, Bradford being injured, Palmer severely injuring his leg on a 3 step drop.....seriously WTF?), then the Seahawks are going to have some stiff competition next year. I can realistically see every team in the NFC West being over .500 next year. I think it will be the best division in the NFL.

NFC North: Packers pretty much win by default. Lions will be good again but you just never know with them. The Bears will improve significantly but that's like saying going from a vegetative state to a wheelchair is a significant improvement. The Vikings are a mess.

NFC South: Does anyone REALLY care about this division? I think the Falcons are the most talented team here, but I thought they'd make it this year and didn't. They need defense BADLY. This division is pretty much a joke right now.

AFC Playoff teams:
Pats
Chargers
Ravens
Texans

Wildcards:
Dolphins
Steelers, Colts, or Broncos

NFC Playoff Teams:
Cowboys
Seahawks
Packers
Someone who doesn't deserve to be there

Wildcard:
Cardinals
49ers

That's what I think and if you don't like it then **** you!

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
Giants over Patriots in SB 50!

If this happens, it'll end with Pats up by 4 with 15 seconds left. Giants' ball at their own 20. Manning drops back in the shotgun, closes his eyes and bombs it down the field. Odell Beckham Jr. catches is with his thumb and index finger. Two patriots DBs come at him from both sides, but miraculously miss, crash into each other head-first, and fall in front of another defender, tripping him. Beckham has a safety left to beat. He runs straight at him, jumps, and has his legs taken out in mid air. He flips in the air TWICE and somehow lands on his feet and runs into the endzone for the win. Tom Brady cries and I just happen to be there to collect his tears in a small bottle so I can drink them later. Oh the tears of unfathomable sadness...so yummy.

TomBradyCries.jpg

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
I agree that the NFC West will be the most competitive division, everyone should be good. The rams are definitely on their way up, even more so if Bradford could get his shit together. I'm not sure about the 49er's though...I'm very curious to see what happens with them this offseason and beginning of next season

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
We better bring Suh back. I don't care if its for one season and under the Franchise tag. Stafford and Johnson should consider a restructuring of their contracts as well, its a business so I wouldn't be mad if they didn't either cause these teams don't care about their well being.

04svtterm

Established Member
suh and mebane lining up in the middle? that'll be rough lol.

Hope the niners sign gore, iupati, culliver, cox. let crabtree go if he's asking too much. hopefully Kap tries a different approach. If its the same shit this season, then cut him. move on to a different QB while you still have a young enough Defense with a gore and receiving core like ours.

Users who are viewing this thread