2015 reviews are out

Branhammer

Established Member
It seems to me like the price really hasn't gone up.

2014 GT = $31,210
2015 GT = $32,100

Difference = $890. That is a LOT of upgrades over the previous model for $890. Good luck even converting a '14 to IRS for that amount.

Why are people bitching about the price? The price has been over $30k since at least 2011 (2011 GT = $30,495). Inflation is one thing, but it's just flat out WAY MORE CAR than it was when GTs were going for under $25k.

If you don't wanna spend 40k, don't get a premium or a ton of options.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Spending 40K + out the door on a Mustang GT doesn't make $ense too me, but what it is.

I think it is a great deal. Look at what you all get now on the new GT compared to the 11-14 GT's. I am a lover of the IRS so that is big to me. Not to mention a whole new front suspension setup, enhancements to the motor, much better interior quality and components. The Mustang is now a sports car and not a muscle car as in the past. It is maturing and I love it! Not to mention BLIS, adaptive cruise, etc. All things I have ordered on my car.

Others won't and we all have our preferences :)

Todd03Blown

Established Member
It seems to me like the price really hasn't gone up.

2014 GT = $31,210
2015 GT = $32,100

Difference = $890. That is a LOT of upgrades over the previous model for $890. Good luck even converting a '14 to IRS for that amount.

Why are people bitching about the price? The price has been over $30k since at least 2011 (2011 GT = $30,495). Inflation is one thing, but it's just flat out WAY MORE CAR than it was when GTs were going for under $25k.

If you don't wanna spend 40k, don't get a premium or a ton of options.

Great information and points! You can still get a stripper for under 33k. Lots of cost options... 32k to 49k for the LE.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Spending 40K + out the door on a Mustang GT doesn't make $ense too me, but what it is.

Yeah, that's why I always wait a year.

I was thinking about this car, I think I might get one in late 2016. Just a PP and no other options. Should be pretty close to 30K by then after rebates and x plan.

Branhammer

Established Member
Great information and points! You can still get a stripper for under 33k. Lots of cost options... 32k to 49k for the LE.

And even the "stripper" comes standard with everything the common person could ever need. I MIGHT do the PP depending on whether or not it's a good idea for a DD. Other that that, I don't need any of that other crap. Mine will be a base $32k car.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
$890 increase? That's preposterous! I'll pay 39,995 but 40,000 is just crossing the line! Way to go Ford!

Bob Cosby

Established Member
The Mustang is now a sports car and not a muscle car as in the past....

Dang it, I try....I really try not to respond to such minor stuff, but sometimes I just can't help it.....

The Mustang was NEVER a Muscle car, even though it has been called that from time to time in the recent past (especially as it pertains to the GT500). The Mustang is still not a sports car - it has 4 seats (even if 2 of them are barely useable). The Mustang is a PONY car.....the original one, that.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bickering... :read:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Dang it, I try....I really try not to respond to such minor stuff, but sometimes I just can't help it.....

The Mustang was NEVER a Muscle car, even though it has been called that from time to time in the recent past (especially as it pertains to the GT500). The Mustang is still not a sports car - it has 4 seats (even if 2 of them are barely useable). The Mustang is a PONY car.....the original one, that.

You are correct. It was a pony car. However it is morphing, no denying that. At least I think it is morphing. Nothing wrong with that.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I can't disagree with you on that one....its shares characteristics of all three tags. And long gone are the days of well-defined, single purpose versions of each.

Branhammer

Established Member
It's true that by definition, it is not a sports car. You still have to classify it as a pony car, although at this point I'd say it's just as much a "muscle car" as anything else being built. "Pony car" is by no means an insult though. Nothing wrong with continuing to be recognized as the car that pioneered an entire class of cars.

helli217

Established Member

I try I try to be mature on the forums....but sometimes I just can't help it....

Wikipedia: "Pony car is an American class of automobile launched and inspired by the Ford Mustang in 1964. [ 1] The term describes an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image."

1. The Mustang is no longer "compact" by current standards. (or any in my book)

2. "Affordable" is relative, but when compared to ALL cars...the Mustang isn't. Not when many cars can be had new at 60% of the base price...some of them with 200 hp turbo engines and fairly respectable performance for their price. (eg. Fiesta ST)

3. Not sure about your Mustang, but mine has 402 rwhp, plenty of torque, smells like raw fuel, and blows the best smokey burnouts, is LOUD, weighs 3800+, and runs 12.2 @ 116 with minor bolt on's on street tires.

4. I'd like to think that it not only has a performance oriented image...but is a performer. I've owned better handling cars, and faster cars. But in the grand scheme, it's a performance car. Not just an image.

5. "Pony Car" is the most limp wristed thing I've ever heard when referring to an automobile. I wasn't born until 1978, so to me it's a muscle car, that handles decently. NOT a "Pony Car".

Now back to your regularly scheduled bickering.... :beer:

*EDIT* Also, if a "barely usable back seat" 4 seater car immediately disqualifies something as a sports car, WTF do we call Porsche 911??

Last edited:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
OMG - I've been wikopedia'd! The shame!

1. I don't disagree with that in today's day and age. Some time back....ya, it was.
2. Eh, arguable.
3. Your Mustang is obviously slow for the power it is putting out, has A/F ratio and/or exhaust problems, needs to be Midasized, and is a porker of a "sports car". Other than that, sounds great!
4. It is indeed a performance car - no issue at all with that.
5. I will not hold your youth and inexperience against you (to steal a quote that was uttered when you were 6 years old).

*EDIT* I don't know, foreign? Expensive? German? You got me stumped on that one.

helli217

Established Member
OMG - I've been wikopedia'd! The shame!

1. I don't disagree with that in today's day and age. Some time back....ya, it was.
2. Eh, arguable.
3. Your Mustang is obviously slow for the power it is putting out, has A/F ratio and/or exhaust problems, needs to be Midasized, and is a porker of a "sports car". Other than that, sounds great!
4. It is indeed a performance car - no issue at all with that.
5. I will not hold your youth and inexperience against you (to steal a quote that was uttered when you were 6 years old).

*EDIT* I don't know, foreign? Expensive? German? You got me stumped on that one.

Hah. Although my post was intended with a joking tone, the truth in it was my opinion. It was not a personal attack, just a goof to illustrate my dislike for "Pony Car". More of a rant, really.

Youth maybe, don't assume inexperience. Age doesn't always equate to experience or wisdom, and vice versa.

My car's just fine. Although it has seen the dyno, it's never seen the track. (Only a dashhawk, on the runway of my base, during a recent car show.) Please reserve judgement until I visit the track next spring upon return from deployment. :) Additionally, I was not bragging about the performance of my particular car, just saying that to me those characteristics seem like that of a muscle car, as opposed to a sports car, or "Pony car".

Point is, no hard feelings, it was a joke.

Last edited:

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
New 5.0 review from TFL Car:

[video=youtube_share;71LZSwQ0sJU]http://youtu.be/71LZSwQ0sJU?list=UU6S0jAvcapqJ48ZzLfva12g[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread