2015 Slingshot SL! Who else is buying this?!

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
im sure its fun to ride around in but no matter what, the first thought that runs thru my head when i see a trike is GAY!!!!!!!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
My buddy works for Cycle USA has been talking about this thing coming in. Cool idea but needs a fourth wheel like a BAC mono or XBow not really sure why you'd make it a trike. Are there advantages to the single rear wheel?

Iman01

Established Member
The advantages of just three wheels are weight savings and money savings. Since they are classified as a motorcycle they don't need to put them through the crash testing cars need.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Well those are legitimate arguments, still don't like the 3 wheeler concept but seems you get a lot of bang for your buck. Hope you enjoy it!
I heard originally they were going to have it lean into turns like a bike you know anything about that? That would be bad ass.

Edit: The rear wheel that is, but judging but the flat car tire I'm guessing they ditched that.
Had to ad: Cheryl Pam Moped: http://youtu.be/8ege210HS44

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Doesn't need much.

Ariel Atoms are what, $50k and use a celica motor. Or maybe a rsx-s, I forget which.

Power to weight ratio.

K24 now, basically a Si engine. I think the early base versions had the Ecotec though. It would Interesting to see the profit margins on both.

Plan B, Cobalt SS + sawzall.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Would look better with 4 wheels.
Agreed hideous

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Pass.

I'd take an Atom ot X-Bow, but not that thing

I bet you would they are also almost 3 times as expensive. That's like saying "I'll pass on that Mustang I'd take 911 or Viper instead"

I think it is an affordable Morgan 3

[video=youtube;MiktgVnoOr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiktgVnoOr0[/video]

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah I didn't realize when I said that that the XBow GT was something like 90K even the R500 is 50k and I dunno if that assembled. Thought they were competitive but I guess they're not the same class.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Damn lol so much hate. This thing is a toy nothing else. If you'd rather have a motorcycle good for you, I would to accept I already have 2. I didn't get to test one out yet but the dealer will have one to ride in a month. If this thing turns out to be as fun to ride as im thinking, im getting it for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread