2017 Ford Raptor HP and TQ Confirmed

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I hope the new Raptors out perform the older ones by a significant margin, I would love to see the value drop on the Raptors a bit. People out here in California think their Raptor is worth more then new with 50k miles on it...

25% faster at the socal desert loop than the last one. That's crazy!!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
from what i see around here the prices on used 13/14 raptors have risen 5-10% in the past 18 months. Right around the time they announced the new gen 2. Could be a coincidence or it could be the ecoboost left a bad taste in peoples mouth.

blk02edge

Established Member
The people who buy raptors for the image will keep the v8, the ones who are in it for actual performance and who realize the motor has nearly nothing to do with what the raptor is will trade up

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The scary thing is, they bring that almost every where.

There was a 2012 crew with a 3.5" lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires with 31k miles at the Dodge store down the street from me. They sold it for $51,800 in one week.

There is a guy on the RS forum who bought a Raptor in 2011 for $46,000 (molton orange, scab), when he picked up his RS from the same dealer, they offered him $51,000 on trade for the same truck.

Cali though.

from what i see around here the prices on used 13/14 raptors have risen 5-10% in the past 18 months. Right around the time they announced the new gen 2. Could be a coincidence or it could be the ecoboost left a bad taste in peoples mouth.

LOL

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
The people who buy raptors for the image will keep the v8, the ones who are in it for actual performance and who realize the motor has nearly nothing to do with what the raptor is will trade up

So I'm keeping mine for the 'image'? How wrong you are.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here come the fights, again lol

I swear this forum has turned into a bunch of dick swingers this week.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Uh, image is all about having the latest and greatest.

Can't be ballin if you have the old generation of a vehicle.

blk02edge

Established Member
Uh, image is all about having the latest and greatest.

Can't be ballin if you have the old generation of a vehicle.

You guys obviously don't understand the difference in suspension. The ONLY reason anyone would keep an old one is because they like the sick v8 and v6's are ghey

The difference between a 2.5 and a 3.0 shock is pretty much double the shock duty+increased travel and less weight on the 17. Other than "cool v8 rumble", there is not one thing better on the old one.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
You guys obviously don't understand the difference in suspension. The ONLY reason anyone would keep an old one is because they like the sick v8 and v6's are ghey

The difference between a 2.5 and a 3.0 shock is pretty much double the shock duty+increased travel and less weight on the 17. Other than "cool v8 rumble", there is not one thing better on the old one.

Aren't you the guy who comes into every raptor thread whining about the prices of raptors, and how they are such a rip off, and ford should have used the v6 from the start, and 90% of owners don't use them properly? Apologies in advance, if that's not you.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I read in beginning of this thread that the raptor was using an aluminum body. I thought ford decided to NOT use aluminum for the raptor? Or does the raptor use less aluminum materials compared a typical f150?

blk02edge

Established Member
Aren't you the guy who comes into every raptor thread whining about the prices of raptors, and how they are such a rip off, and ford should have used the v6 from the start, and 90% of owners don't use them properly? Apologies in advance, if that's not you.

Nope. I complained once about my local ford dealers asking 35k over sticker. Also the Canadian msrp doesn't seem to make sense, I would happily buy one for the US msrp

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read in beginning of this thread that the raptor was using an aluminum body. I thought ford decided to NOT use aluminum for the raptor? Or does the raptor use less aluminum materials compared a typical f150?
Incorrect.

03'Darin

Established Member

That "leaked dealer document" came from me. Wasn't leaked... Ford training slipped up and put it on our dealers tech page for the 17' Raptor. I caught it the day it was posted and threw a screen shot up. Once the media got wind of it (pretty much instantly) they started calling Ford for confirmation. Ford wouldn't agree or deny but promptly within 24 hours pulled the engine specs from our spec page.

Can't wait to see how this new Raptor drives and runs. We got allocation for 4. Our first customers truck is scheduled to be built Oct 17th.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Can't wait to see how this new Raptor drives and runs. We got allocation for 4. Our first customers truck is scheduled to be built Oct 17th.

All the 17+ f150 are going to be insane. I watched an interview the engineer of engine at Ford says they now will run on port injection(start up both port and DI run together), and as you get into boost, the DI comes on to feed extra fuel.

Ecoboost is making crazy numbers already with no fuel being limited by DI, now you'll be able to just put bigger port injectors and the skys the limit.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Incorrect.

Decisions decisions...F350 or Raptor?
IMG_0144.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread