2017 Fusion Sport

alex3610

Established Member
Anyone have one yet? I think within the next year I need a new daily driver and this fits the bill. Sold the Mustang about a year ago and while it was the right thing to do at the time I find myself longing for something with a little more performance than my current appliance (08 altima 2.5) can provide. I know the initial performance numbers were soft but I suspect once the tuners get them figured out they will really come alive. The idea of the poor mans S4 is pretty appealing in a plain jane fusion wrapper.

I'm open to other suggestions as well. Requirements are 4 doors and I can't do a luxury brand. I do sales work part time and rolling up in a BMW or MB isn't the image I need to portray. So the Fusion or some other sleeper would do nicely here. The other car I thought of was the Chevy SS. The fuel economy is horrible though, and the range is pretty poor. I do a fair amount of driving, and while the Fusion sport isn't great on gas, it's good enough. The SS is a pig in that respect. As far as performance and the sleeper look it's got it nailed. One other issue is my other job requires me to work regardless of weather so AWD vs. RWD is a factor here.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
There is a guy in here who had one can't think of his screen name. You may also be able to get a deal on a SHO or the Lincoln variant of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

2007MustangGT

Established Member
I daily drove a 2013 SHO for 3 years and 60K. The car was tuned by Livernois. The tune made all the difference and was a blast to drive. It was the best 4 door DD I ever had.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I def would cross shop the SHO and fusion sport to see which you like better. Full disclosure the SHO will only get about 21 mpg highway.

Either way get the adaptive cruise. For a highway cruiser it's a must have.

SVTPete83

Established Member
My 14 SHO with a tune netted me consistent 24-25mpg on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I def would cross shop the SHO and fusion sport to see which you like better. Full disclosure the SHO will only get about 21 mpg highway.

Either way get the adaptive cruise. For a highway cruiser it's a must have.

Can you clarify how you were only seeing 21 mpg highway? With the stock tune, I can easily pull 25 mpg running between 75/80 mph and have gotten a best of 28.1 mpg . Currently running the LMS Stage 4+X 93 Race tune, I avg about 20 mpg with 80% being hwy and hauling ass from time to time. Dropping down to the 91 Stage 4+ for a road trip to Iowa this weekend and we'll see what it does.

o2gt

Established Member
I have been thinking of trading my mustang in on one. I just want something a bit bigger and with more comfort I guess I'm getting old and I drive about 90miles a day now. I have also thought about the SHO i understand they pull hard with a tune. I think both would be nice choices.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Can you clarify how you were only seeing 21 mpg highway? With the stock tune, I can easily pull 25 mpg running between 75/80 mph and have gotten a best of 28.1 mpg . Currently running the LMS Stage 4+X 93 Race tune, I avg about 20 mpg with 80% being hwy and hauling ass from time to time. Dropping down to the 91 Stage 4+ for a road trip to Iowa this weekend and we'll see what it does.

Honestly I think some of it might be our gas, even most 93 has ethanol. . Running 80 percent highway I see 20.5-21.5. even driving very conservative for a full tank only sees about 23 mpg. Just did a recent 4~ hour run all highway and it was still in the low 20s.

I'm running the LMS tune + CAI/tstat kit. 91 tune running 93 gas for peace of mind.

von2011

My only drawback on the SHO is.. for a large car, the driver's cockpit is a bit cramped, especially the footwell. At 6 foot, I fit well enough except for the feet.. (size 13) My dad however at 6'5" isn't very comfortable.

Other than that, real fun winter vehicle up here in Michigan when my princess car is inside with a blanket on all winter.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I will probably be buying a preowned 2017 Fusion Sport in the next year or so. For your needs, that or the SHO seem to fit the bill.

I test drove one a few months back and while it's not a rocketship, 13.7 @ 101 is no joke for a 4 door, 4 thousand pound car http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/tested-2017-ford-fusion-sport-review

The Livernois 93 octane tune also got almost 70 hp and 50 lb-ft gain over stock. https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631145 Combine that with an intake, downpipe or intercooler upgrade and high 12s are possible.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
I have one. Also have an edge sport. Love the 2.7TT. It's deceivingly quick.

What I like about the cabin of the fusion sport is the way it's designed. Feels very roomy in the front and the headroom is pretty decent.

The magnetic suspension is really good. Isolated the road bumps well and it handles great.

Trans is decent no issues although in stock tune form sport mode will hold gears a little longer and it can be annoying at times.

The AWD system I will describe as accurate and gets the job done. It's a beast in the snow.

Power wise it's quick out of the box. It is definenty a high 13 car. I pulled on a srt8 jeep from a dig (5spd one). With a tune expect 13.2. It appears livernois found some extra power recently with a Lincoln 2.7tt and if they can replicate on a fusion sport then high 12s is realistic.

Ultimately depending on options and rebates this car can be had in the very upper 20s-high 30s. For the options, awd standard, and overall power it's a pretty good deal out there. If you don't care about AWD then there are better options in the RWD space.

alex3610

Established Member
The more I look the more the Fusion makes the most sense. The SHO isn't bad, but given the size of the car it felt no bigger inside than the Fusion (save for the big ass trunk in the SHO). There are some really great deals on used SHO's though that may be hard to turn down when the time comes.

C0bra99

Established Member
Love mine and it's great in the snow. Same interior room as the SHO but smaller car. Cars in Canada come fully loaded. Just make sure it's up to date as there is a battery draw on the ACM that the fix is just rolling out.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread