2017 GT with heart throb H pipe and 2012 GT500 axle backs.

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
Sounds amazing in my opinion.

Here is a few videos.

install..

low RPM revs and take off..

Higher RPM revs and med/hard accel.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Had exact same setup except with custom made H pipe but the my muffler tips stuck out too far and annoyed me. Switched to corsa sport and kooks long tubes with no cats. Sounds glorious now with the crackle right around 2.25rpms with the VMP blower up top

DarkMach1

Established Member
Loved my GT500 mufflers, wished I couldve kept them when I went to the GT350 valance, just too large of a muffler to work. Sounds great man.

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
Had exact same setup except with custom made H pipe but the my muffler tips stuck out too far and annoyed me. Switched to corsa sport and kooks long tubes with no cats. Sounds glorious now with the crackle right around 2.25rpms with the VMP blower up top

Yes they do stick out alittle far because of how much larger the GT500 muffler is over the s550 stock GT muffler. But i have seen some aftermarket exhaust for the S550 that stick out that far also. And it doesn't really look out of place to me. I have also seem where many s550 owners have had to move their aftermarket tips out close to where these sit because it was melting the marker lights above the tips. Corsa does sound great but they are also quite expensive because i'm balling on a budget after the wife talked me into a new house. lol

Loved my GT500 mufflers, wished I couldve kept them when I went to the GT350 valance, just too large of a muffler to work. Sounds great man.

i had a guy on facebook i believe tell me he had the roush rear valance and the GT500 quad tip mufflers. I would have loved to have that set up but as i stated above.... budget... :/ Thanks for the kind words!

DarkMach1

Established Member
Yes they do stick out alittle far because of how much larger the GT500 muffler is over the s550 stock GT muffler. But i have seen some aftermarket exhaust for the S550 that stick out that far also. And it doesn't really look out of place to me. I have also seem where many s550 owners have had to move their aftermarket tips out close to where these sit because it was melting the marker lights above the tips. Corsa does sound great but they are also quite expensive because i'm balling on a budget after the wife talked me into a new house. lol

i had a guy on facebook i believe tell me he had the roush rear valance and the GT500 quad tip mufflers. I would have loved to have that set up but as i stated above.... budget... :/ Thanks for the kind words!

Doable on the Roush valance but not the GT350. Id love to measure a set of 13/14 GT500 stock mufflers (quads) one day to see if it may fit

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
Doable on the Roush valance but not the GT350. Id love to measure a set of 13/14 GT500 stock mufflers (quads) one day to see if it may fit

They are the same measurements as the single tips as far as the case goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebdnehus

Established Member

I need to get on budget, lol. My build has pretty much stopped as of now, I aint got no more money left after all the junk I just put on mine. I really wanna get a ceramic coat for my car but I dont have the cash right now or know enough about the brands/compaines to pick on. But your exhaust does sound bad ass. The 5.0 with 500 mufflers sounds best to me on these cars, its just a great aggressive deep sound without being raspy

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
I need to get on budget, lol. My build has pretty much stopped as of now, I aint got no more money left after all the junk I just put on mine. I really wanna get a ceramic coat for my car but I dont have the cash right now or know enough about the brands/compaines to pick on. But your exhaust does sound bad ass. The 5.0 with 500 mufflers sounds best to me on these cars, its just a great aggressive deep sound without being raspy
I have used Cquartz a couple times and it's pretty good. the decontamination is the key. Have to at the least use iron X then clay then wipe with eraser then you can coat it. Then just needs to be kept dry for 24 hours and not washed for about 7 days. All made by CarPro USA

calebdnehus

Established Member
I have used Cquartz a couple times and it's pretty good. the decontamination is the key. Have to at the least use iron X then clay then wipe with eraser then you can coat it. Then just needs to be kept dry for 24 hours and not washed for about 7 days. All made by CarPro USA

Is there a company that makes a lifetime coating that you get once and it stays for several years at least? Or do you have to recoat every so often? Also did you do it yourself? i would definitely be going to a detail shop, I dont trust my detail skills enough

calebdnehus

Established Member
Sucks! I was hoping they were more compact

If you want quad tips, you should be able to run a 2018 rear bumper and use an aftermarket dual tip that slides over the exit on a muffler. I know corsa sets theirs up that way and I'll be giving it a shot. I assume if you are premium, you will be able to just buy the 18 diffuser and run quads.

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
If you want quad tips, you should be able to run a 2018 rear bumper and use an aftermarket dual tip that slides over the exit on a muffler. I know corsa sets theirs up that way and I'll be giving it a shot. I assume if you are premium, you will be able to just buy the 18 diffuser and run quads.

we shall see, may be something i do depending on price

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
Is there a company that makes a lifetime coating that you get once and it stays for several years at least? Or do you have to recoat every so often? Also did you do it yourself? i would definitely be going to a detail shop, I dont trust my detail skills enough

Cquartz will last like 5 years if applied correctly. they make some coatings that last 7. i did it myself, but if you go to a shop you get a warranty with the coating.

DarkMach1

Established Member

I already have the GT350 valance

calebdnehus

Established Member
we shall see, may be something i do depending on price

Same here. I'd love some quad tips but I'll have to buy the whole cover since I've got the base model bumper

Cquartz will last like 5 years if applied correctly. they make some coatings that last 7. i did it myself, but if you go to a shop you get a warranty with the coating.

That's probably what I'll end up doing once I build funds back up. I can't stand my car getting light scratches and swirl marks and the like. I try to keep it perfect as possible. Lol

I already have the GT350 valance

I was going to go with that valance and make it work but the way it was setup didn't look like it would cooperate with the corsa quad tip setup

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Why on gods earth would you go out of your way to put on stock mufflers from an older gen mustang? They dont sound any different than stock to me, and you could have just gotten some decent mufflers that will fit from LMR or American Muscle. No idea why you would do this.

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
Why on gods earth would you go out of your way to put on stock mufflers from an older gen mustang? They dont sound any different than stock to me, and you could have just gotten some decent mufflers that will fit from LMR or American Muscle. No idea why you would do this.

Lol. They sounds the same as stock to you? They sound nothing like stock sir. Also this is a very popular upgrade to a lot of 2011 - 2014 GT's because of the great sound with no drone. Maybe you just need to hear it in person or straight up compared to stock exhaust sound. The GT500 mufflers sound great in my opinion and many others opinion.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Lol. They sounds the same as stock to you? They sound nothing like stock sir. Also this is a very popular upgrade to a lot of 2011 - 2014 GT's because of the great sound with no drone. Maybe you just need to hear it in person or straight up compared to stock exhaust sound. The GT500 mufflers sound great in my opinion and many others opinion.

I had that setup with my 2011 GT and my 2014 GT. They sound great on those cars. On the 15+, it sounds the same as stock. Sorry.

knight5.0

Project Lightning
Established Member
I had that setup with my 2011 GT and my 2014 GT. They sound great on those cars. On the 15+, it sounds the same as stock. Sorry.
its the same motor in the cars, with the resonator removed from the 15 and up is actually louder than the 11-14 cars because they has a small resonator on each side before the rear mufflers. I have the h pipe and GT500's on the rear and it sounds nothing like stock at all. now if you leave the resonator on there isn't much difference but with it removed its nothing like stock.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
I had these on my 14 GT as well and loved the sound. Would you possibly have a sound clip of how it sounds from inside the car as well?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread