2017 GT350 Pricing in NorCal

Dped459

Hey all! I've been a lurker here for a while and finally registered an account. I recently sold my 2015 M4 to get a 2017 GT350 and I've been in contact with about five different dealerships so far. Most dealerships if they still have 2017 inventory are selling with adm for about 5k and 2018 inventory for about 10k. If the dealerships are selling the cars at msrp, they wont budge from the price. I recently talked to a sales manager on the phone and told him id be in the next day to purchase the car at 57k for a 2017. He told me Silicon Valley if an affluent area and wouldnt budge from 60k. Paying msrp for a year old model is not a fair deal and just doesnt make sense.

Im just curious if this is across the board or only in my area? If so, im probably going to have to purchase out of state.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure you're in the absolute worst location for ADM lol. There were 2 R's at 5k ADM and being advertised last week.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Plan to purchase out of state.. **** the silicon valley and Cali for GT350s.. It's not worth it at all

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The ONLY way I would consider full price or a very small ADM was if they had the exact color/stripe combo and options I wanted. Otherwise, road trip!!!

Tom

Art Vandelay

Established Member
I’m in San Jose, a 5k markup sounds like a good deal to me.

Ford dealership on Capitol marks up the R 30k and regular GT350 10k.

I bought used...

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
guys if you aren't set on a color you can get them a few grand under MSRP now...

Drewsky65

Established Member
MSRP is a good deal for a brand new 2017. if it is the color and options you like, then i wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. I picked mine up a few weeks ago after getting the dealership down from 6k over to MSRP. it took a few months of negotiating and praying the car wouldn't be snatched up but i was able to get it.

if you are looking out of state, obviously do the math for travel or shipping methods. but i always thought it would kind of fun to do an out of state trip and drive the car back to break her in!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
white 17 350 at century Ford in Airy, MD for invoice

wallie40

Established Member
I am in SoCal and I had to go out of state to get a lower ADM on my R. North Carolina to be exact. It was cheaper to ship it than to deal with the West Coast stealerships.

Painless process, just be ready with financing already aligned or pay it in full.

-paul

Dped459

So ill give an update. Ive been in dealership battle for the past few days and I ended up getting Livermore Honda to do 60k otd for a grey 17 with 1700 miles. I contacted frontier Ford who had a new 17 in race red which was the color I wanted. I was able to get them down to 58k, 64 otd. I took the deal for the red and felt it was a fair deal for a new car. It took some leverage with other dealership offers but I was able to get them come down from msrp. Anyway drove the car around town and it's a beast! Also, anyone know what break in period for these cars? No one at the dealer could give me an answer.

Drewsky65

Established Member
So ill give an update. Ive been in dealership battle for the past few days and I ended up getting Livermore Honda to do 60k otd for a grey 17 with 1700 miles. I contacted frontier Ford who had a new 17 in race red which was the color I wanted. I was able to get them down to 58k, 64 otd. I took the deal for the red and felt it was a fair deal for a new car. It took some leverage with other dealership offers but I was able to get them come down from msrp. Anyway drove the car around town and it's a beast! Also, anyone know what break in period for these cars? No one at the dealer could give me an answer.

nice, congrats! good price for that car. i just got mine a few weeks back and posed about the break in procedures. I did tons of searching as well. I kept it under 4500 for the first 100 miles and gradually working up. i now have 600 on her now and have had it up to 6k for a second or two. STILL have not had my foot on the floor but not babying it at all either. needs to break in with a little force, accell and decell to seat rings. once i hit 1000k i will change the oil and let her rip. this is a combo of all the feedback i have had on this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread