2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Demon high?

Sure man, lol. I want this car to soundly beat the competition. I want it to put the Euros in their place, on the track. I want the interior to be upgraded over the Z. I want it's numbers to stand up to scrutiny. I want it to look like a God. IMHO opinion, the Z06 didn't quite get there with me. And the fact that GM didn't even get a 'Ring time is a bit disappointing. I have high hopes, that this will be the hero we need. It looks promising, I just hope reality confirms my initial feelings.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
In some portions of the video, it looks like it might put up a good fight against the ACR, but in other portions it looks like the ZL1 1LE might give it a run for its money. It had better come with at least 700HP or a lot of weight reduction.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like the driver went WOT in the "right gear" for a grand total of about 2seconds of video time. Looks more like first drive/shake down than a WOT lap time test

**edit***
I don't think this is a record run that they are doing. If it is then I would agree with you but it doesn't sound or look like it.

see I wasn't the only one. +1 to this guy

MG0h3

Established Member
^^I agree with above. You even saw him brake checking it a early on.

Did anyone see the shots where the car appeared to have tail pipe extensions or something? Guess two different cars in the video. One has a #2 sticker on the back. Another has a VP racing fuels sticker.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't have audio at the moment, so I can't tell how hard they are on the throttle, but manufacturers routinely don't do all out full laps. They will go hard through different sections they are testing for, then take it easy through the rest of the track and do some tweaks, then go back out and do that section again or move on to the next and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread