2018 Ford GT Delivery..... Wow!

Never_Enough

Established Member
I dont know what magic you're talking about, the 05/06 is a retro design from the 60s.
The '17 Ford GT has magic in the design. It looks like no other car on the planet.
Meanwhile there are Ford GT40s, 2005/2006 Ford GT, Ford GT kit car from superformance, factory 5, etc. The New GT's only downfall is having a v8 (people crying about a car they will never get).

Nothing says you;ve arrived when you pull up in a car with gullwing doors. And no, not the ricers who put them on corvettes and mustangs and civics!!!!
You can't put gullwing doors on those cars.
These are gullwing doors
103009995-1.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
How much u wanna bet he won't wanna race every fast car out there like he did with the 720s? He prided himself on that thing beating everything else in stock form. A 650 hp car was kool 10 years ago as an Super car like this one. Today 650 hp on an exotic Super car is as common as windows that roll down.

I think its one the hottest looking cars ever! Ford nailed it with the design just not the performance and it was clearly evident that this dude was disappointed with the car.

There are several high end Super cars that are Twin Turbo but their all V8's! The V6 is a kool novelty and can still make a shit ton of power but at these low boost levels it will simply get walked by any other Super car basically. And the guy from Ford was basically saying its a RACE car with a few amenities of a DD car but the power just doesn't equal the purpose of the car.

Guy at my track has practically every single hypercar and exotic car you can imagine (p1, laferrari, 918, clk gtr, f50Gt) list goes on far more. And he has not one but SIX new ford gt's.. So that kinda takes that theory away.

If anyone is curious his IG is mwvmnw and it is verified they are all HIS cars. Its mental

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
How much u wanna bet he won't wanna race every fast car out there like he did with the 720s? He prided himself on that thing beating everything else in stock form. A 650 hp car was kool 10 years ago as an Super car like this one. Today 650 hp on an exotic Super car is as common as windows that roll down.

I think its one the hottest looking cars ever! Ford nailed it with the design just not the performance and it was clearly evident that this dude was disappointed with the car.

There are several high end Super cars that are Twin Turbo but their all V8's! The V6 is a kool novelty and can still make a shit ton of power but at these low boost levels it will simply get walked by any other Super car basically. And the guy from Ford was basically saying its a RACE car with a few amenities of a DD car but the power just doesn't equal the purpose of the car.

It's seems that Ford isn't all about straight line speed these days, but rather corners. So you are right that the Ford GT isn't a straight line monster, but rather a corner carving monster.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Oh definitely. I have no doubt it will hang with the best in the corners but when the road straightens out it will be left behind. The ability for them to make more HP with that setup is there for sure tho.

I mean put TT's on a Stage II Buick V6 and it will make a 800 whp on pump gas. This will make probably 600 whp so u know once a few of these dudes who have deep pockets obviously starts tweaking it with maybe bigger Turbos or turning the boost way up and throwing E85 at it u will see a badass car!

Right now in stock form its considered average performance. Basically power wise its a stock motor coyote with a 2.3 blower. Kool but not uncommon.

It's seems that Ford isn't all about straight line speed these days, but rather corners. So you are right that the Ford GT isn't a straight line monster, but rather a corner carving monster.

MTBSully

Established Member
Every time you look around and think you are doing pretty decent in life someone has to post a video like this....sigh.

Insane car

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh definitely. I have no doubt it will hang with the best in the corners but when the road straightens out it will be left behind. The ability for them to make more HP with that setup is there for sure tho.

I mean put TT's on a Stage II Buick V6 and it will make a 800 whp on pump gas. This will make probably 600 whp so u know once a few of these dudes who have deep pockets obviously starts tweaking it with maybe bigger Turbos or turning the boost way up and throwing E85 at it u will see a badass car!

Right now in stock form its considered average performance. Basically power wise its a stock motor coyote with a 2.3 blower. Kool but not uncommon.
Well its been stated before that the 3.5 is fairly maxed out in the GT so no not really more potential.

But.. If you put the magazine down (not trying to be a dick) and were around the road course scene you would find that the power is actually perfectly matched to the chassis given its intended purpose and I will guarantee you there is not one unhappy GT customer.

@DBK the gt is a very average performing car hahaha

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Another millionaire "youtuber". Man I cant wait until Youtube demonitizes the whole site. Pulls the rug out from under these jobless morons.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Guys like this who bought this car don't give a flying shit about what his lap times are gonna be nor do the ppl that bought the 720s. They bought them to drive on the STREET! And on the street it would be considered slow!

Show me a video that this guy has made that compares two fast cars and their lap times!:rolleyes: No one gives a shit! They wanna know how it compares to other cars going straight as well as taking corners and braking. Its supposed to be a full package like the 720s offers when ur paying $500k for a car.

Most of the these owners will never risk smashing their half million dollar car into a wall so they can tell their buddies they went 0.03 seconds faster then the other guy. The reality is ppl who buy these cars operate them on the street not the track. I don't need to read a magazine to figure that out....:rolleyes:

Well its been stated before that the 3.5 is fairly maxed out in the GT so no not really more potential.

But.. If you put the magazine down (not trying to be a dick) and were around the road course scene you would find that the power is actually perfectly matched to the chassis given its intended purpose and I will guarantee you there is not one unhappy GT customer.

@DBK the gt is a very average performing car hahaha

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Another millionaire "youtuber". Man I cant wait until Youtube demonitizes the whole site. Pulls the rug out from under these jobless morons.
Thought his payday was the dragtimes website.

I dunno, I can't hate people who found an unconventional way to make big bucks.

coposrv

Established Member

I think that the point of the car was illustrated well by the ford rep. Efficiency and enough power to win at lemans. Leaning more on aero and fuel efficiency to win vs just over powering the track. Kind of like Audi did with their diesels years back in the prototype classes.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dude just wanted to make a buck.. Lol doubt he's a true car guy
I guess he was getting divorced.

He should have paid her $225k as "half" of the value of the car, waited for the 24 month period to be up and unloaded it for $2M more than he paid for it.

And lol at guys who got these cars being upset about the power.

blk02edge

Established Member
Guys like this who bought this car don't give a flying shit about what his lap times are gonna be nor do the ppl that bought the 720s. They bought them to drive on the STREET! And on the street it would be considered slow!

Show me a video that this guy has made that compares two fast cars and their lap times!:rolleyes: No one gives a shit! They wanna know how it compares to other cars going straight as well as taking corners and braking. Its supposed to be a full package like the 720s offers when ur paying $500k for a car.

Most of the these owners will never risk smashing their half million dollar car into a wall so they can tell their buddies they went 0.03 seconds faster then the other guy. The reality is ppl who buy these cars operate them on the street not the track. I don't need to read a magazine to figure that out....:rolleyes:
Lol. So far from the truth it isnt even funny, the amount of people who road course their supercars is extremely high. Yea... I know theres lots of people who dont but they are just status whores and have no affect on the performance of a car. those people who know what they are doing and go often truly appreciate how a chassis is put together and can last. Its something nobody understands until they do it.

Heres a photo from last weekend at my local track in small town Canada. This is every weekend, mclaren's,ferraris, lambo's whatever else you can imagine. (Happened to be a porsche event this weekend)
Screenshot_2018-05-15-08-41-59-1.png

coposrv

Established Member
Here is the article, and no he's not " jobless", at least not according to the article - he has a V.P. title

Says he makes 119k a year as a tech VP. That’s used mustang Gt money. Not multiple super car money. Dude has to be making at least 5-10 million a year to afford to own the cars.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread