2018 intake cam usage in 2013 Brembo GT

crfblur

Established Member
So I’ve bought a new 2018 intake for my 2013 Brembo GT. I’m in the process of procuring a 2014 long block with aftermarket pump and crank gears to replace the tiring motor in my track day car with over 900 laps. By the way,it is still running strong with over 120,000 miles and those 900 laps of a ham fisted amateur driver.

I’m wondering if it is possible to use 2018 intake (14mm lift) and 2015 exhaust cams(263 duration at 13mm lift) for a cheap factory upgrade while I change out the motor. I do have a set of the baby Cobra Jet exhaust cams on the shelf (290 duration but only 11mm lift) if that is better. I will be installing long tube headers with cats as well. I hope to be between 475 -500 rwhp to chase down 911 GT3’s.

Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crfblur

Established Member
But isn’t there a gen 1 long block that uses gen 2 heads and cam? I know the phasers are different but are the cam front bolt patterns the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basspro302

Established Member
I know what engine you are talking about, i was looking at it also. They don’t say what cams are in it just “revised”. I wouldn’t know why exactly they wont work possibly the cam tone wheels are different and the gen 1 computer wont recognize the signal correctly. Every one that has used the gen2 swap has used gen1 timing components and cams.

If your going to spend the time might as well spend the $ on some aftermarket gen1 cams. I think it would be worth while to source gen2 heads or have them ported if you are looking for the most na hp.

Power by the hour program has the info you are looking for as far as what can work.

Users who are viewing this thread