2018 PP1 vs 2018 GT rear dif

LavaSlide

Established Member
I have just bought a 2018 GT PP1 and noticed something that a friends car doesn't have and it is probably due to mine being a PP1.

Mine has a temp gauge on the rear dif and his does not. Both are the A10 but min has the 355 gears and his has the 315.

Not to be a stupid question but what is the purpose of this? I have owned quite a few Mustangs and Ford vehicles in the past and they have not had this.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Don't the performance pack cars get a torsen differential? The gauge would then be to keep an eye on the temp back there as open course racing (what the performance pack option is designed for if I'm not mistaken) can easily cause things like the differential to over heat.

LavaSlide

Established Member
Don't the performance pack cars get a torsen differential? The gauge would then be to keep an eye on the temp back there as open course racing (what the performance pack option is designed for if I'm not mistaken) can easily cause things like the differential to over heat.
That does make since, however I have not seen this before. My last few Mustangs have had the track pack options. I guess I am not familiar with the torsen dif. I will have to do some research on this.

Thank you for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread