2019 Porsche GT2RS at Dragstrip

johnkn

Established Member
Was gonna try and be helpful and post that my local dealer has one at $260K, but it's a GT3 RS, not GT2 :(

Thanks, Yea the GT3 lags the GT2 by about ~$100k. I'm looking to purchase one last car and am actively searching for a White 4-option FGT because I'm an old ford guy but the GT2 RS has me feeling all tingley in the pants area.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That’s one sexy car right there.

Unfortunately no it does not, though I wish it did. We do routine maintenance, and some light modifications on Porsche automobiles. My boss (father) recently finished a complete engine rebuild of an 80 911 Targa, including timing upgrades, and refreshening the suspension. Now we have a high end 959 replica with a hot N/A 993 engine that’s getting some engine maintenance done to it. Along with installing A/C on the car. We prefer the air cooled cars but we work on the water cooled models too.

Pick your poison.
What are you doing in my hood bro?

blk02edge

Established Member
This car does it ALL. And it looks and sounds the part. I don’t care what it costs. It is as close to perfect as I have seen. Not overly in-your-face exotic. Just right from every angle.
Pretty much, and just the detail in the engineering is mind blowing, it makes ferrari and lamborghini look like childs play in person. Of course, IMO

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So far Porsche is the only automotive brand recommended as a solid investment.
I agreed with that. Our Slantnose has increased in value quite nicely in my opinion. They were in the >100 about 5 years ago now they’re approaching 200.
This car does it ALL. And it looks and sounds the part. I don’t care what it costs. It is as close to perfect as I have seen. Not overly in-your-face exotic. Just right from every angle.
Yes,...to all of the above.

Has anyone ever looked for a slightly used Porsche GT3 or RS car?!?!? I have. You'll shit your pants. lol

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The GT2RS is a very capable car. Huge traction off the line, a lot of cornering grip, and liveable for day-to-day driving.

You can buy them new these days for $40K over MSRP. The $100K markup days ended last November.

Folks who have both the 2RS and the 3RS seem to prefer the 3RS for track drivign - it's lighter and has that high-revving normally-aspirated motor. For me, I prefer the 2RS's greater torque for street driving, but either car is a good choice.

My94GT

Established Member
Yes,...to all of the above.

Has anyone ever looked for a slightly used Porsche GT3 or RS car?!?!? I have. You'll shit your pants. lol
Yup, I’d love to have a 991 GT3 but they run in the 130s and up used lol. My wife jokingly approves the purchase of one but obviously knows it’s out of my tax bracket currently lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, I’d love to have a 991 GT3 but they run in the 130s and up used lol. My wife jokingly approves the purchase of one but obviously knows it’s out of my tax bracket currently lol
LOL Same here man, I can't afford that. Then there's the excise tax and insurance,...........:confused: o_O :confused:
Yeah they are nasty machines, but they also look so beautiful. That whale tail and all. Gorgeous, inside and out.

My94GT

Established Member
LOL Same here man, I can't afford that. Then there's the excise tax and insurance,...........:confused: o_O :confused:
Yeah they are nasty machines, but they also look so beautiful. That whale tail and all. Gorgeous, inside and out.
Yup they surely are beautiful. I priced them up and a used 17 is like 170-180 LOL. I’ll have to continue drooling over pics of them for years to come haha. Heck even the “lowly” Carrera is silly expensive now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup they surely are beautiful. I priced them up and a used 17 is like 170-180 LOL. I’ll have to continue drooling over pics of them for years to come haha. Heck even the “lowly” Carrera is silly expensive now.
God I'd love that thing regardless of the price

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread