2020 500 already broken?

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I also own a '13 500 but I'm not going to come in here bashing a car to prop it up.

SP clutch issue was because of user error doing a John Force burn out.

The DB from REC was bagging onthe car before it was even broken in.

The third issue not enough info yet.
Im not propping squat... I am simply saying that would make me nervous.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
That kid speed phenom’s went into failsafe mode with overheated clutch or something and Another video the check engine light came on. Unsure why. Im not trashing it, dont get me wrong either, my rear end whines ever since the drag radials and my trans shifter used to tap/knock in mine before I installed the MGW shifter too. But I did buy it used with 5,800 miles. Now since modding it a bit, I absolutely love it. Its a daily too. And as stated by others, stuff happens with all makes and models. But for the money a brand new one that has any issues (even if only check engine light error and fixed by warranty) would scare me to death if I had one! All of that being said, Im a bit jealous you have both and hope yours rolls strong forever!

I get what you're saying, but again, I guess my point is, none of these are widespread that we know of yet, and we just don't have enough, (any useful info really) on the 2 videos in this thread.

SpeedPhenom yea, the clutch thing. Only time we've seen it reported was him and he has a new video out where he does burnouts trying to make it happen again and he can't replicate it. The car has protections built in, I don't consider that to be an issue. If something is done wrong and the car throws itself into a protected mode, good. I'd rather that happen, I learn what I did wrong, and I don't do it again lol.

Check engine light I saw on the pre-production cars.... and of course on the 1 video here, but there was no further explanation or details given about it, that I have seen yet. I do know of 1 code that 1 owner has experienced, which was P0521 and this was fixed by replacing the oil pressure sensor.

To be clear, I just sold my 2013, so I no longer own it. But I was an owner for almost 8 years, took delivery in August of 2012, and I did modify it a good amount. But it wasn't without it's issues. Shit, personally, for me, I had the whine, and oddly enough, my passenger side lock control, was never hooked up lmao. So I couldn't unlock the door from the passenger side lmao. But not really a big deal honestly and easy enough to fix.

I do currently own an 04. Those certainly had their share of issues too. Head tick, among other things. I guess I'm just a realist, and I understand things will not be perfect. But shit, if all I'm seeing a small sensor needing replacement on 1 car, or whatever, I'm not too worried, yet. haha.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have never seen or heard of a car coming with rod knock, like the video, straight from the factory.

Mismatching handles or missing infotainments, different story.

We really dont know the whole story. Its a video with a rod knock. Nothing else. That does not prove it came from the factory like that.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im not propping squat... I am simply saying that would make me nervous.
No your just making excuses why you think your 2013 is better. Most people dont have a 2020 because 1 they cant get there hands on one, 2 because they are out of price range for the average buyer. 3 because jealous.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
No your just making excuses why you think your 2013 is better. Most people dont have a 2020 because 1 they cant get there hands on one, 2 because they are out of price range for the average buyer. Im not saying my car is better than anything or making excuses.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
No your just making excuses why you think your 2013 is better. Most people dont have a 2020 because 1 they cant get there hands on one, 2 because they are out of price range for the average buyer. 3 because jealous.
But I am jealous I cant have a new 2020 too...

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Waiting for spring, and after the break in miles are done, vids will be coming.

The car currently:

IMG-20200105-151213.jpg

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Those were my Forgeline wheels with new Michelin PS4S tires from my Z06, the stock ZR1 wheels with Cup 2's are sitting in the basement.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Youve got too many toys and what appears to be very little garage space.

I can help out if need be.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The Z06 is FS, with the ZR1 in there it is a bit tight due to it being wider. I can still move around my double car garage without too much difficulty but once the gray Z is gone and a few other parts leave the garage I'll have the space I want in there with just the white toy inside.

Last edited:

svt662

Established Member
I think you just pissed off a lot of mustang owners! LOL
Nice Ride....

nxhappy

Established Member
saw vid on face ****.....rods knocking like a mother ****er .... shit is gonna get interesting ...

Users who are viewing this thread