2020 Bronco

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I spent 4 days driving a 2018 F150 3.5 EB and 10 speed ripping it around in sport mode the whole time and the entire time averaged 17.8mpg. That is good gas mileage without question.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The Jeep is a great vehicle for utility but it's a pretty low bar as far as being a nice car to drive. Bronco is definitely going to be a slightly different market than Jeep. I think Ford is more interested in overlanding and the configurability required for that than rock crawling.
Sounds good to me. I wonder what the base price will be and if it will be offered in stick(probably not though)

By the way, do you know anything about the upcoming Lincoln coupe? I know someone on Blueovalnews mentioned it, it was also mentioned on Auto Forecast Solutions as being released in 2020/2021.

Dusten

Established Member
Looks like a two door.

Figured has already said it'll be a 4 door.
If that really is the shape of it, I’m gonna like it. But they better offer a V8. No ecoboost BS.

Its sharing parts with the ranger. 2.3eb and 10 speed auto.

I'm guessing it'll be more comparable to a discovery or older land cruiser than a wrangler.

Its getting solid axles at least

Jefe

Established Member
I assume they are going for a Bronco 2 remake anyway so why would it have a 5.0. The idea of the rebirth of a brick shaped fullsize B with a v8 is nothing more than a hilarious pipe dream IMO.
I dont even...

blk02edge

Established Member
So you're saying Ford builds cars that only 1% of people know how to drive properly. Brilliant. My brother has a 12 Ecoboost F150 Platinum. No traffic, highway, 16 MPG at best. I spent a few years in the ecomodding hobby, I can squeeze, hypermile, whatever. I can get full tank 22mpg out of my auto CTS-V with mods. But I can't drive that truck to good fuel economy to save my life. For MPG, give me high compression N/A over low compression turbo any day of the week.
Never did I say 1%. However a large chunk of people are quite clueless or unable to keep their itchy throttle foot under control. Thats fact. Another fact is that internet people LOVE to hate on something that is different and will come up with all kinds of BS negativity to fit their agenda. A V6 in a truck is exactly that type of different.

While you can all hate the ecoboost, ill continue to enjoy it's wicked powerband that exceeds na vehicles while matching or beating the fuel economy.

blk02edge

Established Member
Figured has already said it'll be a 4 door.

Its sharing parts with the ranger. 2.3eb and 10 speed auto.

I'm guessing it'll be more comparable to a discovery or older land cruiser than a wrangler.

Its getting solid axles at least
Where'd it say it's getting solid axles?

Dusten

Established Member
Where'd it say it's getting solid axles?
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...angler;-ford-bronco-will-have-solid-axles-too

Never did I say 1%. However a large chunk of people are quite clueless or unable to keep their itchy throttle foot under control. Thats fact. Another fact is that internet people LOVE to hate on something that is different and will come up with all kinds of BS negativity to fit their agenda. A V6 in a truck is exactly that type of different.

While you can all hate the ecoboost, ill continue to enjoy it's wicked powerband that exceeds na vehicles while matching or beating the fuel economy.

We routinely saw 18+ out of our 2011 with 3.73s and 20s. Best ever was 19.9

_Snake_

Established Member

None of which is needed to offroad this vehicle.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid (directed at Ford). A NA V8 or even a V6 is the way to go on the trails. Less shit to break, fail, or otherwise stop working correctly.

JMHO.

B0B

Established Member
As much as we would all like to see it... there is no way the bronco is going to have a solid front axle. Wife and I are going to be in the market and I’m excited to see it. Really hope we can get a 2.7 EB, 10 speed, and removable top

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
Dana is supplying the Ranger IFS diff.
I know. I'm implying that it seems a lot of people think Dana only makes solid axles which never has been true. I have seen no hard evidence of it being solid front axle. And if its geared towards overlanding you especially wouldn't want a SFA. IFS has come so far in the offroad world it has actually become better than solid in top events like ultra 4

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know. I'm implying that it seems a lot of people think Dana only makes solid axles which never has been true. I have seen no hard evidence of it being solid front axle. And if its geared towards overlanding you especially wouldn't want a SFA. IFS has come so far in the offroad world it has actually become better than solid in top events like ultra 4

Yep.

blk02edge

Established Member
None of which is needed to offroad this vehicle.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid (directed at Ford). A NA V8 or even a V6 is the way to go on the trails. Less shit to break, fail, or otherwise stop working correctly.

JMHO.
You are preaching to a guy who has a heavily built offroad truck that has been simplified as much as legally possibly, all stuff I understand however there have been turbo motors doing just fine in events all the way up to Baja 1000. The issues pop up in a lack of suspension prep rather than motor issues these days

Dusten

Established Member
Anyone who thinks that dana only makes solid axles has never owned an 80+ bronco, f150, ranger or f250...

A solid axle is fine for overlanding. If it wasnt why are fj80s so popular?

blk02edge

Established Member
Anyone who thinks that dana only makes solid axles has never owned an 80+ bronco, f150, ranger or f250...

A solid axle is fine for overlanding. If it wasnt why are fj80s so popular?
I dont think people are actually reading what ive said lol

Sure a solid axle is fine for overlanding while a modern 4runner will be infinitly more comfortable and just as capable. FJ80's are popular because they look cool and have a cult following like all old toyotas.. Thats it. The legendary reliability and climbing straight up mountains is nothing more than fake news. I have years of first hand experiences spending hours on the trail fixing them with my stubborn toyota buddys. Even had one fold in half going up on a lift haha

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
You are preaching to a guy who has a heavily built offroad truck that has been simplified as much as legally possibly, all stuff I understand however there have been turbo motors doing just fine in events all the way up to Baja 1000. The issues pop up in a lack of suspension prep rather than motor issues these days

I agree. I guess the point I was making (poorly) was that Joe off-roader doesn’t have a sponsor and crew supporting him ready with money, parts, and expertise. The less money he has to spend replacing anything on the truck, the better. And that cost always goes up when turbos are part of the equation.

Dusten

Established Member
I dont think people are actually reading what ive said lol

Sure a solid axle is fine for overlanding while a modern 4runner will be infinitly more comfortable and just as capable.

I misunderstood your statement.

I too have spent years offroading in an early bronco, and a 1 ton'd 88 4runner

Users who are viewing this thread