2020 Ford Baby Bronco

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This is the Focus-based baby bronco, ala Bronco II. Think more Renegade sized. The full sized one hasnt been revealed.

It does have the same design as the teaser rendering they initially showed for the baby Bronco, but what worries me is that Ford posted this on accident to the Bronco page. So maybe they are playing games or made a mistake, but it has me concerned. It doesn't look bold enough to me to mark the return of the Bronco imo, and I was planning on getting one.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Look at the shadow behind the middle picture. Hmmm

I was hoping for a two door with maybe suicide rear doors. Will reserve final judgement.

Good observation! That shadow definitely looks different from even an original Bronco. I think that may be the biggest hint here that we are looking at the smaller version.

joshcarp81

Established Member
I like it. Would i buy it? No. Not unless the wife didnt want to buy Muranos anymore.
I do hope they release a big brother to it though.
I think if you hoped it would end up looking like the original and got this, you would be disappointed. However, i never anticipated it looking like what everyone wanted it to look like. So with that being said, sorry most everyone else is disgruntled/disappointed.

CV355

_
Established Member
I was telling myself that if it looked like good competition to the Wrangler, I'd be interested. It looks like more of a Renegade competitor, so yet again Ford has disappointed me.

-4 door Mustang
-The "Mach 1" electric boogaloo snafu
-This limp-wristed crossover

*EDIT*

This is the Focus-based baby bronco, ala Bronco II. Think more Renegade sized. The full sized one hasnt been revealed.

Hmm, I'll give 'em one more chance, but I'm sick of this bait-and-switch with legendary names. What's next? Ford-based Prius called the Torino? A 3-wheeled eco-buggy called the "Galaxy 500?" A fugly-ass tuk-tuk called the F100?

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Its been stated by Raj that is IS body on frame. Ranger based. There is no focus based Bronco, sure hope that was a joke. Ill wait to see better pics before I fly off the handle and hate it just becuase Its ford, this place is turning into a facebook comment section

I think there will be two Broncos coming out

CV355

_
Established Member
I think there will be two Broncos coming out

So, the Bronco, and the not-Bronco?

Ford is playing stupid games lately.

I hope for their sake the "Real" one makes an appearance, and someone on their marketing team gets help for huffing air dusters

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There are two internal names for this, the Maverick and the Timberland I guess.

While this is nothing like the old Maverick, I think that's a decent fitting name. Timberland is weird.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
59EDBFC3-DD8A-4C42-B7C1-367426D8604F.png

7F23DDD5-7CB6-42AF-A78D-0CE1E204BCA0.jpeg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like the FJ and Flex had a child.

I bet a good aftermarket suspension and wheel/tire combo would work wonders in the looks department.

As long as it is highly offroad capable like the 4runner, I will dig it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
As @GTSpartan already pointed out, look at the shadow behind it. Clearly not the same car we think is the Bronco and definitely looks similar to a classic Bronco but is noticeably bigger than both going by the scale of that shadow. I think it is pretty obvious that we have not seen the actual Bronco yet.
Screenshot_20181113-154339_Brave.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
As @GTSpartan already pointed out, look at the shadow behind it. Clearly not the same car we think is the Bronco and definitely looks similar to a classic Bronco but is noticeably bigger than both going by the scale of that shadow. I think it is pretty obvious that we have not seen the actual Bronco yet.View attachment 1528586
Interesting, may have to eat my words

AssPikle

Established Member
I would have a hard time getting rid of that for anything.

Wait... So, this is the actual Bronco, and not a compact SUV version, ie "Baby Bronco"? If that is the case, then I will be hanging onto my 4runner for quite a while longer. It sure doesn't look like a rugged body on frame, but I could be wrong.

View attachment 1528544

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Interesting, may have to eat my words

It sort of makes me wonder if maybe Ford is going to offer less nameplates with various different models under each nameplate. I think they hinted at an even smaller little offroad variant in the works too as Ford purchased that small Jeep knockoff company Troller from Brazil I believe? I may be mistaken there but I thought I remembered reading that. So maybe Ford will have a series of offroad-minded SUVs under the Bronco name and then like the other rumor with the Mustang, have a 4 door there and possibly that all electric crossover that was initially referred to as the Mach 1 (which they decided against thankfully), but that would expand the offerings within the Mustang nameplate as well. I think it could be a sound strategy as they would be attracting buyers using their most iconic a notable nameplates.

AssPikle

Established Member
It sort of makes me wonder if maybe Ford is going to offer less nameplates with various different models under each nameplate. I think they hinted at an even smaller little offroad variant in the works too as Ford purchased that small Jeep knockoff company Troller from Brazil I believe? I may be mistaken there but I thought I remembered reading that. So maybe Ford will have a series of offroad-minded SUVs under the Bronco name and then like the other rumor with the Mustang, have a 4 door there and possibly that all electric crossover that was initially referred to as the Mach 1 (which they decided against thankfully), but that would expand the offerings within the Mustang nameplate as well. I think it could be a sound strategy as they would be attracting buyers using their most iconic a notable nameplates.
Puke!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
It is what it is. The industey is rapidly changing and in a decline at the moment so some drastic changes are going to need to be made in order to keep consumers in the showrooms and keep the manufacturers relevant. Relying on old strategies may not work much longer as the industry shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread