2020 Lincoln Aviator

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
With the new hybrid system, it's putting out 450hp/600tq through the 10-speed! I'm curious how the hybrid system will work because the 3.0TT does respond well to a tune and the instant torque of the electric motors will make this a brute from a dig.

A82AFEBD-4BA3-4FD7-A765-20710E84CEEA.jpeg

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-lincoln-aviator-first-look-review/

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Push button gear selection is deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I would replace my wife’s MKX with this.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Push button gear selection is deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I would replace my wife’s MKX with this.

I had an MKC loaner with the push button gear select and honestly, it wasn't as bad as you'd think. Certainly wouldn't sway me from buying a car with it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Me too! If things work out like I expect, I'll trade my MKS for a used 2018 Navigator in 2-3 years and once the wife's '15 CR-V is ready to be replaced, grab a used Aviator. Standard motor is the 3.0TT with 400hp/400tq, so it should scoot just fine.

Especially since it has a proper RWD based drivetrain.

The push button gear selector isn't bad at all. When I drove the Nav for a few days the hardest part was just remembering that it had one and where it was at.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I don't care for the front end and the wheels in OP's post are ****ing hideous.

Stateguy

Established Member
Wonder how they will price it so it doesn’t step on the navigator’s toes?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

My94GT

Established Member
Why is that one small thing the deal breaker? It’s progression with technology and creates more viable space not having some large bulky shifter. It’s all fly by wire anyway these days.

I see it a lot with the ram crowd as I’m looking into them, people bitch about the shifter like that changes anything lol.

Meanwhile most high end car makers utilize these set ups and their consumer base couldn’t care less.

My94GT

Established Member
It's probably going to have the best fit and finish of anything Ford has ever produced.
It appears that way. If we didn’t just get the wife’s XC90 this year I’d be pushing hard to look at one of these. Ford knocked it out of the park in my opinion.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Engine facing the correct direction.. Check
Will consider in a few years when replacing the Durango RT.. Check.

Nice Job Ford/Lincoln

Users who are viewing this thread