2020 Shelby GT500 Price Revealed | Starting at $74k

LostM

Established Member
i still dont get why people are talking about the CF package price. - they probably wont find a dealer with an allotment, B- they are arguing over the 80k price of an optioned base.

Im not paying 120k for this car, im too poor for that, but if i were wanting a car in the 120k range, a 991 would be my first consideration.

As ive stated long before pricing was out, Ford is trying to get traction in a whole different market, and I feel they will

Snoopy49

Established Member
Invoice on the base car is $67k before delivery and gas guzzler tax. That could have been what they we referring to in the video.

Base Price - $70,300
Gas Guzzler Tax - $2,600
Destination and Delivery Charge - $1,095
MSRP Base Car = $73,995

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
As ive stated long before pricing was out, Ford is trying to get traction in a whole different market, and I feel they will

With the 350/R Ford gained a very different audience. Many pro drivers raved about it, better than Porsche bmw in pure driving feel and excitement. Pobst said the R was better than the $120k GT4.
The one complaint was down on power.

If Ford created the same feel as the 350 with the 760hp 500 they will sell a ton of cars to euro driving elites including the Italian collectors. Will the 500 drive as good or close to the $180k 991T, that is the question.

As for price dealers sold a ton of $55k plus $10-20k adm 350. Getting that price on a 760hp mustang will be easy!

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The GT500 will be nuts overseas, if Ford will sell some in Europe and/or Australia. I wonder if there will be any RHD ones made. Did they make any RHD 350's for like England and Aussie area???

Those people that can get one they don't care about price, it will be something that basically just will not be frequently seen in that part of the world so it will be like an exotic over there.

The Aussie people would love a factory Ford RHD Shelby, they usually have to spend tons to convert a LHD car to RHD, Ford could ask the moon on a RHD GT500 and people there will pay it.

Tony

Snoopy49

Established Member
2020 Shelby Color Chart

2020 GT500 Color Chart.jpg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
RedEye is like $85,000 loaded.

Look, this is now getting insane. It's still a Mustang. Add in dealer markups and then the real joke begins. I get it's an amazing performer, but the fit and finish of all of these high performance American cars is nowhere near that of german cars costing just as much.

I can't believe it's so much fully loaded!
...and the Demon is just a well hung Challenger. With regard to German cars, yeah there’s a lot of the tech and the interiors are very nice. However, paying the same money for a BMW M3, I’d rather buy American.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't mind the CF Package pricing. The stripes are ridiculous though.

Agreed. $10k for painted stripes is absurd. Must be outsourcing it to Prefix.

I wasn't saying that like it's a bad thing. The material changes in that package are monumentally expensive, same thing for the RS.

Also, the lower take rate of that won't amortize as well so I'm sure they have that package priced about as low as they can.

Yes the stripe pricing is retarded.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
A base GT500 with all similar options as a Redeye sit low to mid 80ks. What does the Redeye offer at that price point? Ugly, good for only 1 thing which is straight line, and it weighs a lot. What do you get with the GT500? Enough hp to outrun the redye in straight line, the looks way better, and most importantly the way it handles in road course racing, which will destroy the boat anchors.

Conclusion as I see it as price vs price, the GT500 will be the better of the 2.
The Mustang is right there with the Challenger in regard to weight.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
I’m interested in the what the performance capabilities are. Once that happens we can determine if the value of the car is worth the performance. The car has a lot of hype to live up to.
The Mustang is right there with the Challenger in regard to weight.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Imagine how screwed everyone would be if the hellcat and up Challenger’s went on a 500lb diet. It’s incredible they’re still relevant while being the heaviest of the bunch and having the oldest chassis.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread