2023 Ford F-Series Super Duty | MotorWeek Quick Spin

F8l Vnm

Established Member
1200 is monster torque. But I have to say the front end is a step back back the 20-22 models. Either way super duty remains best in class power and torque to go along with payload and towing. Ford don’t mess around when it come to HD

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, the front end just looks odd. And some of the wheels are absolute garbage on the new superduty.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The newest powerstroke is an absolute UNIT. Steel pistons, 1200 torque!??! Jesus H Christo.

Monster.

Just don't ever think you'll work on one in your garage.

I installed a "CP4 disaster prevention" kit on my buddies 2019 2 weeks ago and HOLY SHIT, what a process that was. Never again lol

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
The newest powerstroke is an absolute UNIT. Steel pistons, 1200 torque!??! Jesus H Christo.

Monster.

Just don't ever think you'll work on one in your garage.

I installed a "CP4 disaster prevention" kit on my buddies 2019 2 weeks ago and HOLY SHIT, what a process that was. Never again lol

Yup, put a disaster prevention kit on my 2017. It sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
1200 is monster torque. But I have to say the front end is a step back back the 20-22 models. Either way super duty remains best in class power and torque to go along with payload and towing. Ford don’t mess around when it come to HD

IMO, 22 was the peak year.

I'd just replace the pump with that aftermarket one if I were going to pick up a new 6.7.

C2tuck

Established Member
IMO, 22 was the peak year.

I'd just replace the pump with that aftermarket one if I were going to pick up a new 6.7.

Agreed. I’ll be keeping my 22 for a few more years.

Have two 23 F-350’s in the fleet and one has been in the shop for 6 weeks already. APIM module took a shit and they don’t have a fix for them yet. Screen doesn’t work, no idea what your temperatures are set at, no radio, no cameras, no charging ports etc.

The fit and finish on the entire truck is 10 steps back from the 22’s

About to go pick up a new F-450 tomorrow. Hopefully this one is better.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Have two 23 F-350’s in the fleet and one has been in the shop for 6 weeks already. APIM module took a shit and they don’t have a fix for them yet. Screen doesn’t work, no idea what your temperatures are set at, no radio, no cameras, no charging ports etc.

Too bad you're not in SC, I could help you out with the warranty issues.

OX1

Established Member

Yeah, I picked up a 23 F250 CCLB 6.7 HO a month ago.

Have weird build stuff. Door lock plungers are all bent over.
Never seen that on any new vehicle ever.

Ordered optional front wheelwells, only got one. Ford still has no answer when I will get the other (according to my dealer).

Tires have been a nightmare. Bad vibration right at 60 MPH from the getgo. Video (me leaning arm on center seat/console).

Before I even took it back to dealer, noticed one of the rear tires had a ton of weight on it. Checked Road Force and it came in @ 56 lbs (got my own used RF machine 6 months or so ago). Took back to dealer...... They rotated fronts to back (not sure why).......

After a couple weeks, finally convinced dealer to RF all the tires. Ford's Limit is 35 front, 45 rear. Below is before and after on fronts and what rears came too (which they said were already in spec, below 45). Vibration was maybe 75% improvement after RFing front tires.

20230807_053900.jpg

What's odd is I did the spare after I got truck back, and it was 18 lb (that is a steel wheel). I also called Continental (which owns General) and they claim the RF limit for my specific tire is 30, and then say they do not recommend it being that high for a smooth ride.

Otherwise LOVE the truck. Very solid, doors close with a nice thud. Power is insane.
On way back from dealer (after service), already doing 80, BMW riding my ass, I hammered down to get out of the way (not even close to floored) bumped it right up against the MPH limiter of 98, wasn't really even trying to.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the overall look of the new Super Duties. Front has taken some time to get used to but man I was seriously considering one, just that I would just be using it as a DD 99% of the time. And the 7.3L Godzilla at that.

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
I ordered a new 23 Reg cab 4x4 with HO engine, 12,000 lb winch, gooseneck prep and other goodies just to use full electronics, full chassis on a old truck build. Now in at dealer. It will make absolute rocket with a 1965 N series Reg cab on chassis
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2842.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2839.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg
IMG_2841.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread