2023 NHL Playoffs

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Hasn't been an NHL thread in a long while but its playoff time so lets give it a try.

So the Bruins are coming off an historic regular season but that's all meaningless now. Time and time again the best team in the regular season has gotten bounced sometimes pretty quickly in the playoffs and I can see this happening to the B's with all the talented teams in the east. Leafs, Devils, Rangers, Canes, not sure if Tampa still has it but they are well seasoned and can't be counted out.
Oilers in the west have been almost unbeatable the last 2+ months and Av's are the defending champs and look to be in playoff form now.

Should be fun.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Was hoping the Panthers could get the 7th seed, but with the year they had, making the 8th seed is a gift.

Going to be a tough battle vs the B's, probably a losing effort but at least I get 4 more games to watch. Curious to see if Bob gets the starting role back, and if he can be sharp mentally or will he shit the bed.
Need Sam Bennett back as well for this series to be a fighting chance of an upset.

sleek98

Established Member
Time for the Leafs to make their first round exit.

As a Bruins fan I am a little worried about a second round exit. The east is just stacked.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Was hoping the Panthers could get the 7th seed, but with the year they had, making the 8th seed is a gift.

Going to be a tough battle vs the B's, probably a losing effort but at least I get 4 more games to watch. Curious to see if Bob gets the starting role back, and if he can be sharp mentally or will he shit the bed.
Need Sam Bennett back as well for this series to be a fighting chance of an upset.

I’ve been a part-time/casual NHL fan since ‘96. Watched it before that. But not really with any allegiances until Florida got swept in the finals.

Last year was a crazy change for the franchise, and even though they couldn’t get it going this year, hopefully it’s a sign of things to change.

4.698gt

Established Member
Going to be some good hockey to watch regardless of the conference. Been a long time the playoffs had no Ovechkin or Crosby.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The only good thing about the Pens missing the playoffs is the shit management to include that Philthydelphia Phaggit Hextall is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Hasn't been an NHL thread in a long while but its playoff time so lets give it a try.

So the Bruins are coming off an historic regular season but that's all meaningless now. Time and time again the best team in the regular season has gotten bounced sometimes pretty quickly in the playoffs and I can see this happening to the B's with all the talented teams in the east. Leafs, Devils, Rangers, Canes, not sure if Tampa still has it but they are well seasoned and can't be counted out.
Oilers in the west have been almost unbeatable the last 2+ months and Av's are the defending champs and look to be in playoff form now.

Should be fun.

Sadly if the Bruins do not win it all than the historic season will be wasted. I doubt it will be the Florida Panthers who will upset them. Devils and Rangers look good in my area but one will get bumped out first round. Carolina is good along with Toronto. But no Canada teams are allowed to win the cup....hehehe...since 1993...lol. History is against them though since President Trophy winners are rarely Stanley Cup champs. But I think this season they could beat that curse. We shall see.....

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Sadly if the Bruins do not win it all than the historic season will be wasted. I doubt it will be the Florida Panthers who will upset them. Devils and Rangers look good in my area but one will get bumped out first round. Carolina is good along with Toronto. But no Canada teams are allowed to win the cup....hehehe...since 1993...lol. History is against them though since President Trophy winners are rarely Stanley Cup champs. But I think this season they could beat that curse. We shall see.....

Well, if anything that record now puts the Canadiens in 2nd place which I'm sure pisses those fans off to no end. Especially being their arch rival Bruins who beat them.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I was a Rangers fan in the late 60's and early 70's but then became an Islanders fan mid 70's with the new franchise. It been misery since winning 4 straight cups and they will most likely get swept by Carolina but I would have preferred to get swept by the Bruins instead...lol.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Bruins were lucky to get the win last night imo. Panthers took it to them for the first 2 periods but the B's shut them down pretty good in the third. They better have more in them than that the rest of the way.

Was shocked to see the Oilers lost. They were up 2-0 midway through the 2nd period and dominating the Kings when I shut it off.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Bruins were lucky to get the win last night imo. Panthers took it to them for the first 2 periods but the B's shut them down pretty good in the third. They better have more in them than that the rest of the way.

Was shocked to see the Oilers lost. They were up 2-0 midway through the 2nd period and dominating the Kings when I shut it off.
Not lucky....the Bruins played their typical defensive game like they have all season. They just did not get a lot of output on offense. I will be waiting to see the first playoff team that scores 3,4 or more goals against them. This Bruins team reminds me of the 1970 cup winning team. You are probably too young to remember but I watched all those playoff games with Esposito and Orr back then. This was the roster for that team.

Oilers game was a surprise and the Islanders got as close to the Canes as they will in this series. Will be interested in the Devils/Rangers game tonight with most people in my area fans of either team.

sleek98

Established Member
Bertuzzi is fitting in well. Stealing the stick was a great head game move.

Bruins seemed to start off slow like they have for most of the season. Then the 3rd they shut it down and frustrate the other team.

Idk who I want to come out of the Ranger/Devil series, hoping that series goes 7 as they should be good games.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Not lucky....the Bruins played their typical defensive game like they have all season. They just did not get a lot of output on offense. I will be waiting to see the first playoff team that scores 3,4 or more goals against them. This Bruins team reminds me of the 1970 cup winning team. You are probably too young to remember but I watched all those playoff games with Esposito and Orr back then. This was the roster for that team.

Oilers game was a surprise and the Islanders got as close to the Canes as they will in this series. Will be interested in the Devils/Rangers game tonight with most people in my area fans of either team.

I remember those Bruins teams, I was just too young to really appreciate them. My father had season tickets back in those days so I went to many games. They should have been a dynasty in the 70's but the Canadiens always managed to steal the show but the real tragedy was Bobby Orr's career basically done at age 27, just hitting his prime. The numbers he could have put up as a dman would have been staggering.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I remember those Bruins teams, I was just too young to really appreciate them. My father had season tickets back in those days so I went to many games. They should have been a dynasty in the 70's but the Canadiens always managed to steal the show but the real tragedy was Bobby Orr's career basically done at age 27, just hitting his prime. The numbers he could have put up as a dman would have been staggering.
Only 6 Stanley Cup final wins in the 70's and all of us hockey fans were sick of them. Ken Dryden was tough to beat in those days. But their last cup win against the Rangers in May 1979 was the night I met my wife of 40 years so some good came out of it....lol

Totally bored watching the game last night. Devils got dominated and looked like a high school team against the Rangers. Better wake up quick or they will be out in 4.

No doubt Orr was special and one of the best ever. He was fun to watch even if you were not a Bruin fan....

Users who are viewing this thread