20x10.5 +40 need tire sizing advice PLEASE.

Nuar

Established Member
I recently purchased 20x10.5 wheels with +40 offset for the rear. I know for a fact Michellin Pilot Super Sports in size 295/30/20 fit fine on an aggressively lowered stang... (Sportlines)
Problem is they are sold out everywhere and the places that do have them are way expensive.
I am looking into Nitto Invo, but they only come in a 295/35/20 size (no 295/30/20)

Any idea if they will have clearance issues? Does anyone run those?

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
I have seen several people running those. Nitto runs a hair small so that should help. I am not sure exactly how much the sportlines lower the car out back but with 1.5" drop I am running a 305/35/20. I think the 30 profile is too small IMO.

Nuar

Established Member
I am worried the offset will set the tires right at the fender and it might rub on bumps.

They lower the car around 2" in the back..

evil281

Established Member
Can you measure your current tire diameter and see how much of a gap you have between your fender and the current tire? You can do some math to see how close it may be.

Nuar

Established Member
Screw it, spent the extra coin and ordered mpss from tirerack. Thanks for the replies man.

SVTTony

Established Member
I have 20X10 +40 with the 295 INVO and putting a straight edge against the tire, they stick out an 1/8th inch. rubs slightly over bumps and I'm lowered on SVE springs on stock struts/shocks.

evil281

Established Member
Could you have the wheels machined to remove alittle material to bring them in a bit? I am pretty sure my father did this on his camaro.

Users who are viewing this thread