$220 for subrframe install?

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Definately big difference in pricing!!! I tell you right now that the place that did my install is a proffessional body shop. I haddthe non powdercoated ones they definately did more than 3 hrs work ... sure you can pay a lot less to have them bolt on and welded but good work and good employess dont come cheap. mine were welded and rustproof not to mention the vehicle frame was prep for to prevent rusting I do drive my car in the rain so to me a good proffessional job was worth $300.00

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I would have to disagree. What is the difference between a SN95 and a "Terminator"? The Unibody is the same so the required work to put the SFCs on would be the same as well. I am having mine done shortly, for $40 again, and I will put his work up again anyone else that charges $220, let alone $300. That is just rediculous, IMO.

Last edited:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
where are all this great prices when some of us asked???

I am happy with the install of course like I said earlier if you dont mind driving you could get them done cheaper.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
RAWSN8K said:
I would have to disagree. What is the difference between a SN95 and a "Terminator"? The Unibody is the same so the required work to put the SFCs on would be the same as well. I am having mine done shortly, for $40 again, and I will put his work up again anyone else that charges $220, let alone $300. That is just rediculous, IMO.
Well Todd, if your buddy is content on making $15 an hour to install subframes, he is a friend indeed. You have a good situation there. But, the VAST majority of Mustang owners looking to get subframes welded on, don't run into situations like yours.........

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Chris @ Excessive did mine on the 01 for I wanna say $100?? :shrug: They did not mess around either, those thangs are ON there. I do remember him saying he should have charged me more though..haha. Regardless, $300 sounds a tad high to me, but if you are comfortable with the work and it is super close to home, knock yerself silly. Good luck with whatever you choose. :beer:

Edit: Just talked to Torry@Excessive, he says they make their own SFC's now and that they are $175 installed. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
That's what I am saying. If you are paying that much to just have them welded on, youare being riped off. I paid $40 and a 12 pack of Bud to get mine put on my 95, and the Bud was just my way of saying thank you.

$40 & a 12 pack of Bud will get you a high class hooker down in Southern MD. :D

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
dragon40k said:
I was quoted 4 hours of labor. I also understand that I could most likely get it done cheaper at a muffler shop or other welding shop. I just want to get it done and done right. Thats what concerns me the most.
was it cj's? They quoted me the same price.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Antex said:
$40 & a 12 pack of Bud will get you a high class hooker down in Southern MD. :D

ROFLMAO...Touché...I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Thanks Matt, I haven't stopped laughing since I read that.....I think I just wet myself..... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

blubyeu

Established Member
I was quoted 150.00 which includes removal of the seats so the carpet can be pulled up to keep it from melting. Also, I have M/M full length subframes that require a fair amount of welding.

TRBO VNM

there is one thing I haven't seen mentioned here,

how much welding is done on these cheap jobs? the higher price welding is the full length of the subframe on both sides and ends and I know on the MM there are additional brackets that need to be welded. And if you get the powder coated they do require sanding for prep and it does take time.

I can almost gaurantee the cheap jobs are more like spot welds ever 6" or so and welds are about an inch long. If you are getting full length welds for $40, the guy is just cutting you a break and that is not their normal price. I have had 3 sets welded on. one on my 92, 03 and 04. the 92 was the cheaper job and the cobra's were full length welds.

also, as mentioned, the MM are full length. standard are a lot shorter, so there is less to weld.

BTW, 220 is very reasonable for a full job. it does take 3hr and sometimes more. at 80+ an hour that is why the shops charge that much.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
White96 said:
i paid $100 for install at kauffman motor sports in dillsburg, PA

+1, but this was when they charged $50/hr labor. They charge $60/hr now but $120 is still alot better then $300 and I can assure you Kauffman's does good work.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I know I paid more than usual hell the painting of the saleens scoops was some change but they are close by and do great work

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Well, I am gonna stop by Excessive sometime next week and take a look at their in house FLSFC's. If they look comparable to the MM's I put on the 01, I am going to have them do the job. You can't beat $175 out the door if you ask me, and they definitely welded the full length on both sides of my MM's on the 01. :beer:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Antex said:
I couldn't help myself... :lol:

Stop Matt, Damn...I am cracking up again and this time I am in the office. Oh my word. I guess it's so funny because it is so true.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
dragon40k said:
Yes. Its very close to my house. Did you get yours done there? If so how was the work?

I had my Kenny Brown Subs installed at CJ's and I am very happy with the work they did. Ask for Brian, he did a real nice job on mine - very clean welds down both sides. 100 labor, but they aren't the full length, as the MMFL's would of cost me 300 dollars for the install alone.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
there is one thing I haven't seen mentioned here,

how much welding is done on these cheap jobs? the higher price welding is the full length of the subframe on both sides and ends and I know on the MM there are additional brackets that need to be welded. And if you get the powder coated they do require sanding for prep and it does take time.

I can almost gaurantee the cheap jobs are more like spot welds ever 6" or so and welds are about an inch long. If you are getting full length welds for $40, the guy is just cutting you a break and that is not their normal price. I have had 3 sets welded on. one on my 92, 03 and 04. the 92 was the cheaper job and the cobra's were full length welds.

also, as mentioned, the MM are full length. standard are a lot shorter, so there is less to weld.

BTW, 220 is very reasonable for a full job. it does take 3hr and sometimes more. at 80+ an hour that is why the shops charge that much.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3658183&postcount=19

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
Stop Matt, Damn...I am cracking up again and this time I am in the office. Oh my word. I guess it's so funny because it is so true.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Now now, you guys have this all wrong. It only takes 40 bucks and a 6 pack of Nattie Bo to get a nice hooker, a 12 pack of bud includes the hotel room....

Users who are viewing this thread