24.0 MPG Reno to Sacramento

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Just got back from a weekend in Reno. Got 24.0 mpg on the drive home. Was up to 24.6 at one point but hit some 20 mph stuff outside Sac for a few miles that killed it. Car has about 900 miles on it now. Just drove it with the flow of traffic. Around town I'm getting about 16 mpg.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
yea but i bet you had it in neutral costing all the way down the sierra face!:pepper: :beer: :idea:

what was the milage going up the mountain?

Last edited:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
16.9 going up but that included more in town driving before leaving. Coasted in neutral just a few times coming down. Power felt the same in Reno as it does in Sac. May be because the engine is starting to loosen up.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Mikesan said:
16.9 going up but that included more in town driving before leaving. Coasted in neutral just a few times coming down. Power felt the same in Reno as it does in Sac. May be because the engine is starting to loosen up.

i was teasin you! all is good!!!! glad your having fun with her. that must of been a real fun drive up into the sierras. that would be a blast!!!:D :beer:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i was teasin you! all is good!!!! glad your having fun with her. that must of been a real fun drive up into the sierras. that would be a blast!!!:D :beer:

Well I took it up the mountain at night and then down a couple days later in the rain. Never really had a chance to push it safely. And if you've ever been on that road, you know the right "slow" lane is rutted and pockmarked by the chains used on the trucks. That just leaves one "fast" lane that everyone is in. It was Street Vibrations (Harley) week in Reno and my GT500 with 5GT exhaust sounded pretty tame compared to some the hogs we heard. With the rain and wind we were glad to have a roof. Felt bad for the bikers.

Users who are viewing this thread